10.7.1 version of Lion: When?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Macbookair2011, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Macbookair2011 macrumors newbie

How long after initial release does Apple generally update the OSX with a new version? Just wondering about the bugs affecting the new macbook airs.

Some people say their 'instant on' is hardly instant?

Are there any other Lion issues I should know about? And should I wait until OSX upgrade before I buy my Macbook air 2011.

Do you get free version updates from 10.7 to 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 etc, like online downloads for free? I have never had a mac before, apologies.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Whenever they feel like it. Nobody knows for sure.

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

Yes they are free. They usually come through System Update which is built into OS X much like Windows Update.

Apple generally release a x.x.1 updates reasonably quickly. I'd expect it in a week or two.

There are a few bugs here and there that people are seeing however none of them are really show stoppers. Also with you buying a new machine you do not have the old operating system, programs etc. that has been updated so it is less likely that you may face some of these bugs.

I do not see a reason to delay buying the air as the updates will come and it is a qusetion of you havnig the machine now and doing a relatively simple upgrade or not having a machine for a while.

4. Macbookair2011 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the details! I will only be in a country where the new macbook air is out in 2weeks time. So can't get it until then. Just wondering when the updates come generally, sounds like it is random but could predict one in the next few weeks. I want INSTANT on haha.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

By that time I would expect 10.7.1 to be out.

It may fix the "instant on" issue or it may not. FYI it never really was truely "instant on". More like "very quick on".

6. qwerf123 macrumors regular

From what is available to developers and articles on other apple news sites, it seems the update is going to be 10.7.2

7. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Apple only released a beta of 10.7.2 for testing the iCloud components. That just means that 10.7.1 will only be a bug fix release and it won't be given to developers (I assume at least).