10.7.2 Always reboots during startup

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by RoboCop001, Jan 8, 2012.

1. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I've got an early 2011 MBP and ever since 10.7.2 it has given me several problems.

I've tried reinstalling OS X twice and it has not fixed any of my problems.

I don't reboot the MacBook Pro often and it only happens if I need BootCamp Windows or OS X gets an update. But when I do it always boots up twice.

After I log in (I'm using FileVault so I login before it actually boots) I get the Apple and the spinning loading indicator. After watching it sit there for a good minute with the thing spinning, which is twice the amount it normally takes, it suddenly reboots. I have to log in again, but this time the Apple screen is there for about 30 seconds or so and then I get the desktop.

This happens every time.

Not to mention that the iCloud and Mail, Contacts & Calendars system preferences panes are unusable and Mail lags like a sloth.

Anyone else have the reboot problem? Like I said I've tried reinstalling twice.

I read that if you do a fresh install of Lion and then migrate only the applications from a backup and manually copy your documents over it solves the problem. But that sounds like a hassle and I'll do that only if it's the only way.

I really hope 10.7.3 comes soon and fixes these problems.

2. blulite macrumors newbie

There was a problem with an earlier version of Parallels that was causing this. Upgrading to latest version fixed it. You mentioned bootcamp, are you using Parallels?

3. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm using both. But I do have Parallels 7 which is the one optimized for Lion.

4. randscreen macrumors newbie

I've been seeing the same problem on my late 2011 MBP ever since day one. I have FileVault enabled, but was seeing the problem before I had BootCamp and Parallels, so I don't think the latter two are causing the problem. I've only "rebooted" when I've had to hold the power button down to restart the system after hitting another issue with my machine, so I assumed that it was doing some sort of HD integrity check due to the "unclean" shutdown the first time and then rebooting once it thought the HD was OK.