10.7.2 bugs list check

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BatonMedved, Oct 7, 2011.

1. BatonMedved macrumors newbie

Hello guys!

May these of you who already play with GM 10.7.2 please check it for these issues, especially Wi-Fi disconnect and slow Instant on?

Thank you all in advance.

2. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

I will comment later on when I can test some of these, but I love 10.7.2. I have been using it since it came out and it runs much more smooth. My favourite fix is that dashboard no longer resets after each restart.

3. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Are these posts from the future? Who says the current 10.7.2 beta is going to be the GM?

4. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Apple

[​IMG]

5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

I have a Finder issue. When I open a new Finder window and then switch to another desktop, the Finder doesn't show up there even though I set Finder to show up in all desktops.

Clicking on show on this desktop and changing back to all desktops sometimes fixes this but not all the time, and even if it does fixes it, it doesn't show Finder as being the front application, instead going to the background for some reason.

6. Takuro macrumors 6502

Takuro

I've confirmed this behavior, but it isn't really a bug. When you set an app to display on all desktops, if you have the app in the foreground and you switch to another desktop, the app may be overlapped by something else. It seems to be overlapped by whatever was the foreground app of this other desktop from when you had most recently used it.

I think it makes more sense to keep the foreground app the same throughout all desktops if possible. It's really a design decision and you can debate the behavior to a degree. Maybe Apple figured that people would be using different apps for different desktops, but if that was the case they wouldn't be setting the "all desktops" setting to begin with.

7. diamondsw macrumors newbie

For the love of all that is holy, could someone please check whether the "2010 MacBook Pro graphics freezing" bug has been fixed. I can't upgrade my main machine until I know it's going to be stable, but I presume I also won't be able to use iCloud with Snow Leopard.

8. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Games that are virtualized with Cider have major graphical glitches on the Intel HD 3000. Don't know if this issue is present on other graphics cards.

9. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

A small one..when I click different stickies in Dashboard it keeps swiping me back to my desktop

10. lchrjr macrumors newbie

Have they fixed that issue when you launch mission control while all your apps are maximized and it orders your windows in a weird way?

11. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    1. Browse a device using Bluetooth File Exchange (in the Utilities folder). See if the "Get and Send" buttons at the bottom of the window are visible. Also see if Back, Reload, Home, and New Folder are visible at the top of the window. When I did a clean install of Lion, Bluetooth File Exchange broke and almost all the buttons disappeared.

2. Check CPU usage of screen sharing between Macs. When I share a screen it is taking over 20% CPU versus .2% in Snow Leopard.

3. Start recording a video using the lowest quality setting using your iSight camera in Quicktime and report CPU usage. I can't remember what the CPU usage was in Lion since I've switched back to Snow Leopard, but it was very high, like 40-50% or so, whereas it's more around 20-30% in Snow Leopard. Also the file sizes were twice the size for the same quality/codec video.

Thank you!!!

12. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

Safari accepts cookies and website data regardless of security and private browsing settings.
    Sorry to say that this issue has not been fixed in latest GM release. I have sent numerous bug reports during beta testing with Apple acknowledging this as a bug with the promise of a fix... What a joke, looks like iCloud development has clouded Apples developers minds.

13. BatonMedved thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright guys, I checked myself. Seems a lot of work has been done.
    1. FIXED:)Wi-Fi dies sometime while in sleep mode and doesn`t reconnect properly (probably IP reservation issue).
    2. FIXED:)Opening link from Twitter in background in full-screen Safari shows tabs headers over current desktop.
    3. FIXED:)Thumbnails in Launchpad sometimes change locations after reboot.
    4. FIXED:)Safari often freezes not showing "cross" icon for closing the selected tab.
    5. FIXED:)Mission Control doesn`t show Program screenshots if used until another app opening.
    6. Resume doesn`t remember program windows opened on another Desktop, opens at the first one.
    7. FIXED:)No instant on (after sleep).
    8. NOT:mad:Mission Control and Launchpad are dead if full-screen Preview inside full-screen Mail has been opened before switching desktop.
    9. NOT:mad:Safari tries to go "Back" when flicking through history covers to the left in History.

14. atlatnesiti macrumors 6502a

Sadly Safari cookie and website data acceptence problem is still present :(
    Sent a bug report again, what a joke this update is... It is all about iCloud, nothing about system improvements. Reverted back to 10.7.1 due to other unrelated issues.

15. b-rad g macrumors 6502a

b-rad g

I updated my MB Air and now Time Machine gets stuck at 2KB out of 2.8GB. It will connect to Time Capsule, prepare the backup and begin the backup but always gets stuck at 2KB.:mad: Anyone have a clue as to why??

16. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

Hey guys, you might want to up my post rating. 11C73 wasn't GM. :)

And on topic, 10.7.2 fixes the problem of failing to sleep I was having with three of four Lion-upgraded systems.

17. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

11C74 was released to the developers yesterday as well, so they made some final changes

18. UsedToBeLily macrumors newbie

Not fixed: Wi-Fi dies sometime while in sleep mode and doesn`t reconnect properly (probably IP reservation issue).

Actually this was not a problem UNTIL 10.7.2 for me and my iMac.

Not a network problem either as other computers and my iPhone aren't having any problems.

19. UsedToBeLily macrumors newbie

found a fix, that has worked so far...

" remove all locations apart from your wifi, disable airport and then remove the following file:

/Macintosh HD/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.airport.preferences.plist

Then enable airport and connect to your wifi network"

20. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

I can't believe it, but this bug is still alive and well. It occurs when there's a large window and small window, both perfectly aligned to the center.

[​IMG]

21. f00f macrumors 65816

I second this, though on my 2011 13" Air.

----------

Another silly bug:

I see you can now rearrange desktops in Mission control -- but only if you have more than two. In other words, if you only have two desktops, you cannot swap Desktop 1 with Desktop 2. Desktop 1 apparently is permanently fixed in place.

----------

Regarding this one: my MBA's Wifi goes AWOL after sleep on 10.7.2. Network Preferences claims that the Wifi is still connected to the WAP -- it even claims it still has an IP address -- but the network is inaccessible. I have to turn off the Wifi and back on to regain connectivity.

22. BatonMedved thread starter macrumors newbie

I seem to find some connection with Time Capsule starting backups before sleep, do you have it enabled, guys?

23. HabSonic macrumors regular

It's very nice to be able to move spaces around, but every time I restart my computer, they rearrange by themselves. Someone has the same problem?

24. neilq101 macrumors newbie

Preview full-screen disappearing table of content

This is quite an obscure bug, so nobody seems to have mentioned it yet, but I've been working on a project using multiple images open as a group in Preview, in full screen, with the Table of Contents view. When I upgraded to 10.7.2, a bug appeared which made the table of contents itself disappear when I switched focus away from Preview (i.e. swiped to another desktop). This also applies to the Thumbnails view. The image/PDF/whatever stays where it is, but I have to move my cursor to the left side of the screen to get the contents list to appear, as if it was in Content Only view.

Sorry if that was a little convoluted, but if anybody could try to reproduce it by opening a bunch of images in Preview with the 'Open groups of files in the same window' setting on, turning on full screen, setting it to Table of Contents from the View menu or toolbar, and swiping away from then back to Preview, I would appreciate it. I made a video of the glitch here http://db.tt/2ZESeGdS

25. jameshsi macrumors newbie

jameshsi

I try this one already, it works, only for short time, if u sleep longer, still the same problem.