10.7.2 erased my entire calendar.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Tbone999, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Tbone999 macrumors member

Just installed 10.7.2. Install went really well, quick and easy, and when I rebooted, iCal said "upgrading calendar" -- when it popped up, every single calendar entry was gone.

I hope (assume) that MobileMe/iCloud and my iPhone still have enough of the contacts to restore everything. Has this worked this way for anyone else?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Just noticed mine was empty. Popped into MobileMe in Settings and it started syncing and they started to pop up before my very eyes.

Not sure why they were gone, but they've sync'd back now.

3. Tbone999 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't synced with MobileMe/moved to iCloud yet and I'm thinking that it just assumes (or copies everything to) those before rebooting, then comes back with a blank calendar. It's a little unnerving, though -- I wish someone (Apple!) had warned me not to worry. Of course, i haven't synced yet, so maybe I should worry. :)

I'd like to upgrade my iPhone to 5 before making the move to iCloud, so I haven't synced yet, but I guess I'll give it a try.

You make me feel better, though, thanks!

----------

For some reason, all of my calendars were de-selected upon reboot. Select them and *presto* everything is still there.

Shoulda checked that first . . . .

4. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

where do you select the calendars? i enabled icloud on my mac and it "updated" my calendars and erased them all so i had to do a restore from a back up:(

5. Tbone999 thread starter macrumors member

In the upper left hand corner of the app, there is a button that reads "Calendars" -- press sit and a sidebar opens with all of your named calendars (Home, Business, etc.) that you may have created previously. After I installed 10.7.2, all of my calendars were "unchecked" and so not shown on the calendar. I thought they had been lost or deleted.