10.7.2 fixes MBP battery life issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seattlecard, Oct 12, 2011.

1. seattlecard macrumors member

Sep 14, 2007
    Okay... I post this tentatively, but I just installed 10.7.2 on my 2010 MBP 13, and my battery life meter is back up above 8 hours after full charge (this is after letting it sit and calibrate for a bit). Didn't do this with Lion on 10.7.1 and battery life only lasted 3 hours.

Keeping my fingers crossed that battery life is improved with this new update.. Curious to hear other feedback

*Update - okay, maybe not. Battery meter seems to be all over the place. Probably not reliable measurement; going to have to see how the real thing lasts.
  2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2011
    Somewhere in Europe
    I don't know about battery life but I can see that Safari now uses A LOT less memory. It was so annoying to see it go above 2GB everyday...

I hope the battery life is better though.
  3. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

Sep 7, 2011
    My battery meter is going all over the place! It started at 7:30 at full charge, then after taking my MBP off A/C, it immediately went down to 5:21- then it quickly decreased down to 3:30 and has hovered around there for the past 15 minutes.

Safari's memory leak has definitely been fixed though, thank goodness.
  4. altecXP macrumors 65816

Aug 3, 2009
    After about 3hrs of web browsing my meter says I have 3hrs left. That includes logging into WoW for about 15-20 min.
  5. PirateMonkey macrumors member

Oct 12, 2011
    agreed Safari was rubbish up until yesterday, my battery was being drained by a stupid citrix program running in the background, I don't even know why it stuck there it had been uninstalled, I'll be giving them words later!:mad: