10.7.2 GM and iCloud

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by rick snagwell, Oct 8, 2011.

1. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

I have the GM running great, but when i try to checkbox the 'mail & notes' in the iCloud pref pane app...it just gives me a 'starting' pinwheel that doesn't go anywhere. anyone get this?

2. cschmelz macrumors 6502

Do you have a valid iCloud account already? In other words have you migrated from MobileMe to iCloud?

That is the only thing I can think of, as it did the same to me until I migrated my MM to iCloud. Working fine once I did that on my MBA (2010)

3. rick snagwell thread starter macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

makes sense...i already had this email addy. can u please point me in the right direction for migrating please?

4. cschmelz macrumors 6502

www.mobileme.com/move/

5. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

Beta

You guys do realize that this is still in Beta? On launch you could lose every thing because Apple decided to clear out the iCloud for the rush. I would think very hard about moving your data over. :/

Hugh

6. cschmelz macrumors 6502

I seriously doubt it. Apple was quite clear about when they did the big final beta wipe.

You really think, with <4 days to launch they are gonna do ANYTHING other than flip the switch and turn it on for everyone??

Doubt it....

7. Hugh macrumors 6502a

Hugh

You may be right, but then again you might be wrong. We won't know until the day of launch. Just think, there's a reason why it says BETA. Backup your files just in case. :/

8. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Hey running GM would u have to migrate to the final version? Or is this basically it? Thanks

9. Hookem99 macrumors newbie

No

10. Cougarcat macrumors 604

They would've already told developers if they were going to wipe it again.