10.7.2 internet connection issue

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SgtP3pp3r, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SgtP3pp3r, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

SgtP3pp3r macrumors member

I cant seem to get connected to the internet after updating to 10.7.2

I updated last night, and left it installing on its own. Everything seemed ok this morning, i ran itunes with my ipod touch 3rd gen, and started downloading the whopping 600+mb update to ios 5.

Downloaded first, then as it was ready to install, itunes started to hang. Since then i havent been able to get an internet connection on my mac despite several reboots. I had to post this from my ipad (which is on the same wifi network).

Btw the wifi network im on uses an authentication method where i must log in before getting online. It worked fine until now, now the screen on safari never loads the auth screen! On my ipad it works tho :p my ipad is running ios 4.3.3

Help? Anyone?

Just tried off the wifi network. apparently its a safari issue. Google chrome seems to connect without issues.

Edit: Safari, Mail and iTunes seem to have the same problem. i think iClouds seems to be to blame

2. ruddyman macrumors newbie

Same

Having the exact same issue. I restored to 10.7.1 and regained Internet. Updated again and lost Internet again. Neither wifi or Ethernet will connect even though it shows an ip address and connection. All other devices in the home connect fine.

3. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

I just got home and tried it on my home wifi and still its a no go.

No safari, no mail, no itunes store, no appstore. Nothing Apple seems to work online on my MAC. WTF!

im starting to get really upset. Only Google Chrome seems to be working...

how can i roll back to 10.7.1????

4. ruddyman macrumors newbie

Time Machine

I restored to 10.7.1 with a time machine backup. (restarting and holding option key). Chrome doesn't even access the Internet for me in 10.7.2

5. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

yeah :p i didn't have a time machine backup. so i did the next best thing and went back to my Lion Installation disk and rolled all the way to 10.7

so much for 10.7.2... maybe i'll try again when 10.7.3 comes out

6. kftrainer macrumors regular

kftrainer

SSL and Server problems ?

Well I dont know if I am in the right thread but since I have updated to 10.7.2 I have been having ,what I think,server and SSL Connection problems

Here is my scenario: Occasionally my software update and twitter for mac and now this new beta browser Raven for Mac.are having connection problems The Software Update has update errors, The twitter for Mac does not load my timeline, and The Raven for Mac does even load the pages at all . Funny thought my Safari for Mac runs great . I was told by the Raven for Mac developer that he thinks it is a SSL connection on my end. I wish I can resolve this issue If anyone has any ideas what to do I would be greatly appreciative

7. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I updated my Macbook to 10.7.2 and it's working great. Everything is working with no issues at all. Minus I can't send email through my @me.com but, I figure Apple is doing updates or something on their end... No Biggie.

Are you on a MBP? Reading through MR, I've seen more issues with the MBP in Lion than any other system. Maybe it's something in it or a setting one has set.

8. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

Yup, I'm on an early 2011 15" MBP

i've seen some threads that seem to involve MBPs

Maybe there is a trend...

9. ruddyman macrumors newbie

Still struggling

My iMac(newer) is having the problems; my MBP is updated and fine.

10. Oblong123 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I've posted this elsewhere but here's what worked for me (had exact same problem)
    Upgraded to 10.7.2 last night (MBP 15" 2010) and wifi would work for about 2 minutes and then stop. Finally resolved the issue by manually changing the MTU size from 1500 to a lower figure (I chose 1490)
    To change MTU:
    System preferences - network (wi-fi tab) - advanced - hardware - configure manually.
    I also changed my IPV6 configuration to link-local only, but I don't think this actually helped resolve any issues.
    Hope this does the trick for other people...

11. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

Ok, i reinstalled 10.7.2 last night from my home connection, and it installed beautifully. Everything was working great, i logged into icloud, set up my calendars, synced to my ipod touch and everything was A-ok.

Now i get to work this morning and BAM, no internet connection again... So i figure its something to do with the network connection here at work.

The security used on the network here at work requires me to log in to the web to be able to use the internet. Unless im on a wired connection, where i can simply hook my Mac up and a few seconds later i'll have a connection. Neither are responding.

Normally when using wifi, a little window will pop up where i can normally log in. This window is no longer loading in 10.7.2

this is what my screen looks like:
    Screen Shot 2011-10-18 at 8.57.23 AM.png

If i load up Google Chrome (what i'm using to post this), it will work no problems, however Safari, Mail, Itunes, and the Appstore are not working.

my ipod touch (running iOS 5) loads the login screen with no problems, and has ready access to the internet.

I tried the MTU fix, but it didnt work. Im gonna write a ticket to the IT department in a minute to see if its a problem on their end... but im almost certain that its a problem on my end as the other devices are working fine.

Can anyone think of any fixes to this situation?

12. dmo580 macrumors member

sorry to bump an old thread but this is a HUGE issue for me at the moment. I have trouble doing research at my lab and school where both use teh same Wifi authentication hardware. Works fine at home, but only Firefox connects, and other browsers fail.

What's worse is gmail can't attach right now on Firefox and the Flash plugin crashes, so my only choice is to USB stick when I get home or use up my 10 cloudapp uploads a day. I have to remote desktop home to do a lot of stuff. Thank goodness I have a Windows PC ready for me at home, except it's an overclocked i7, so letting it sip 180W constantly is not cool. Perhaps its time to invoke XP on my MacBook as a dual boot as I wait for 10.7.3 to solve things?

13. SgtP3pp3r thread starter macrumors member

To anyone out there who might be having this issue (it seems to be more widespread than i thought), i found a recommendation... they suggested i should try doing the authentication on Firefox after a small tweak in preferences, but i have not been able to replicate the bug right now.

This is specifically what the comment said:
    "Firefox seems to be able to be used for auth if users uncheck using OCSP in Preferences> Advance>encryption>Validation."

Like i said, i haven't been able to replicate the issue just this moment, however if anyone else can confirm if this works or not, it would be great.

I have no idea what unchecking that thing does, nor how it helps, but at this point i'd try standing on my head if someone said it would help.

Salut,

14. spencertaft macrumors newbie

having intermittent internet connectivity issues with OS 10.7

I am having a similar problem, with the exception that issues are intermittent.

wifi and direct connect to DSL (ATT) are problems for iMAC and not any other devices in house (iPads, itouch, iPhone, ietc)

help WTF?