10.7.2 System Preferences - iCloud FREEZES

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by gpiney, Oct 12, 2011.

1. gpiney macrumors newbie

After a 2+ hour download and install of 10.7.2, I was presented with a signon/signup for iCloud. when I tried to use my existing AppleID it gave me an error and froze. I mean FROZE! I could not quit Preferences. I could not Restart. I could not Shutdown. Opened a case with AppleCare for the morning.

Well, I am really pi**ed now.

When all else fails - pull the plug..... which I did.
    I pulled the power plug and waited till the disk and fans stopped spinning.
    I plugged it back in.

When the system came back up I noticed a request to Add Credentials from my service provider to a Keychain. I remember this from the original boot. At that time I answered with 'Allow'. Just for Jollies, I answered 'Deny'.

I go into Preferences and select iCloud. I get the same signon/signup screen.
    I put the same info in.
    But this time it takes my ID and I go to the iCloud manager.

Problem 'Worked Around'.

Apple does have a problem 'somewhere'. It may be in the request for credentials.

So, when you upgrade to 10.7.2 and get the prompt for credentials, Deny IT.

2. quickmac macrumors 6502

I had a similar issue. When the Mac first restarted after the 10.7.2 update it tried to automatically launch iCloud which resulted in a complete freeze of the system and major distortion of the graphics.

I hard reset and ran Software Update again; some of the Lion Recovery Update hadn't installed, I downloaded and installed that, reset the PRAM, and now it seems ok.

3. federicg macrumors newbie

Similar problem. I go to System Preferences, Click on iCloud, the click on Manage and System Preferences freezes there with a "Loading" sign