10.7.2 Wifi problems

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by njean777, Dec 28, 2011.

1. njean777 macrumors 6502

Hey guys/girls I have had a problem with the most current update to lion. 10.7.2 for some reason kills my wifi on my macbook pro. It will work, but when I take it to school (which has a portal) it will work at first, but after I put it to sleep to carry it to the next class it will never reconnect again. Same thing happens at my friends house who has comcast.

It will constantly disconnect if I put it to sleep and then wake it up. I have looked on apples discussion boards and fooled around inside airport but nothing that is suggested works. So as of now I keep a backup of 10.7.1 on hand and have downgraded back to that.

Does this happen for anybody else? Does anybody know of a fix for this?
    btw I have a macbook pro early 2010 13in 2.3ghz i5.

2. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

Yes. Brand new imac, came with 10.7.2 so it wasn't caused by an upgrade install. It constantly has to be told to reconnect after waking up too. Windows on it works fine, its not the hardware.

Now watch me get down voted by the lion brigade... :rolleyes: (though I think most of them are ignoring me now... =))

3. njean777 thread starter macrumors 6502

Glad to know I am not the only person having this problem.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

happens here too (new 13" mbp); my GF is on my older 2008 macbook, same OS (10.7.2) and has NONE of these problems.

i have tried EVERYTHING i can think of, everything i've found googling the issue.

some days there's no problem, other days it's constant.

waiting for apple to fix this...

5. Nanami macrumors newbie

I have the same issue with my brand new Macbook Air (mid 2011). The iMac (older with C2D) works fine

6. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

It's definitely a Lion issue as Apple tried to address in 10.7.1 I think. This drove me nuts. I've went back to Snow Leopard a month ago and no more wi-fi problems.

7. njean777 thread starter macrumors 6502

No this did not work either, I had already did this with my school wifi and it still would never reconnect.