Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Hello everyone, after my upgrade to Lion 10.7.3 I've been having some serious Time machine issues. I tried doing a backup, and it keeps hanging. Over a firewire 800 connection, I'm getting around 1-2 MB/s transfer speeds, and my backup file is ~19 GB...

Before the 10.7.3 Update, I did a similar sized backup, and transfer speeds were normal (between 50-70 MB/s).

I ran disk utility and checked both drives, the internal Macintosh HD and the External time machine drive (I use a G Technologies 500GB firewire hard drive)

So... Disk utility discovered a few issues in my system, and I ran the repair HD in Lion and I fixed those issues. There were no issues discovered on my External HDD.

After a restart, the backup is still painfully slow.... It makes me want to scream.

Does anyone have any fixes or advice for this issue?

----------

Oh my gosh! never mind, it actually just speeded up!

Those damn gremlins were waiting for me to post in these forums so I would look like an idiot. :roll eyes:

EDIT: I would appreciate it if a moderator would delete this post. :)

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
Your not the only one i ve had since 10.7.2 the time capsule/time machine bug that it will loose the sparsebundle it shows up for both my mini and macbookpro 13. Now my macbook when copying something over the network to one of my desktop usb drives hooked up to my mini takes forever and when timemachine runs the macbook pro slows to a crawl which sucks. now i see on the macrumors front page apple pulled the snow leopard secruity update1.0 now its 1.1 and 10.7.3 updates. maybe they will get them fixed

h2009

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2007
My freeness 8 box can't even connect to backup anymore - this update is so bad. Anyway to roll back?!

ljonesj

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2009
Kingsport TN
you can if you did not wipe ur backup and chose a time before the update to go back to 10.7.2 i wish now i stayed on 10.6.8 i came back to apple with my mac mini when the late 09's released so i was in on 10.6 i used apple II in elementary school then when i hit middle i went windows so around 1990 i left then came back to apple in 2009 10.6 and up was good untill lion for me

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.