10.7 references found in iPhone OS 4.0b4

Discussion in 'macOS' started by J the Ninja, May 19, 2010.

1. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

http://9to5mac.com/node/16986

First mention of it in iPhone OS. Indicates 10.7 will either be released or very late in the beta stages by the end of iPhone OS 4's lifecycle. Since iPhone OS seems to be on a strict 12 month dev cycle, it is pretty good evidence 10.7 will be coming in the earlier part of next year.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Thanks for the info! Well, wasn't it pretty much known that it'll be released in mid 2011 just like Snow Leopard and Leopard? Hopefully WWDC will give some info about 10.7

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I hope so too, but I think the odds are pretty slim on that. Heck apple dropped the mac from its design awards. This year's WWDC is all about the iPhone/iPad.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Who knows.... ;) WWDC is for devs so info about 10.7 would be pretty crucial. We'll see

5. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I saw this user agent a few days ago could be fake.

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_7_ALPHA; en-us) AppleWebKit/602.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0 Safari/5

Worth a look at.

6. J the Ninja thread starter macrumors 68000

Hmm. On one hand, easy to spoof. On the other hand, not unbelievable, at all. Also, another thing this could mean, considering these went in now and not in 4.1.2 or whatever, is that the dev seeds will be starting very soon. The WWDC 2011 stuff about it will probably be similar to the Snow Leopard coverage last year, aka, learning about the OS that is nearly finished.