Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
Fellow listers! Hopefully I am not the only one with these current issues, so I hope there are some friendly suggestions, work-arounds, or lamented sighs that I'm not the only one left scratch my head..:confused:

So with that in mind, here goes: I finally bit the bullet last night and upgraded to 10.8 on my 2011 mini. Everything seemed to go well, though it is time to max out ram as soon as I can afford it. 10.7 wasn't to bad, 10.8? A freakin pig!! But I digress. When I fired up mail after my reboot and install, every password for my 4 separate accounts where gone and all my folder rules poofed magically to the great beyond. Frustrating to say the least, and I have yet to find a way to fix it. So anyone else have issues with upgrading to 10.8 an existing mail rule tables and saved keychain data?

Second, Screen sharing no longer works between my PB running 10.5.8, While I can connect and initially see both screens, when I try to change the focus to my primary screen to input my password and what not I am greeted with a black screen no matter what I have tried from permissions to a few obscure work arounds I have found on the interwebs, so far nothing works, which to be honest is no bueno on my book. Screen Sharing for me
is a big one to stay productive in my day to day. While I do have Teamviewer installed on both machines and it works for the most part, I would much rather use the native programs that came with the OS I have paid for. So long story short. Anyone dealing with the same issues?

Thanks for reading my rant!

~Drake

takezo808

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2011
Always have a backup made even for upgrades.

Time capsule is very easy way to restore files and settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.