10.9.2 Wifi

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by whsbuss, Feb 25, 2014.

1. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Under 10.9.1 when I open the lid, Wifi was reconnected almost instantly. Under 10.9.2 is takes up to 10 seconds...... anyone else seeing this?

2. Fimeg macrumors regular

I'm having worse problems... When I open the lid, sometimes it won't even connect at all. During this point, if I select the wifi network it will endlessly try to connect (I let it sit for an hour once while watching tv). I have to turn wifi off, and turn it back on in order to connect.

Lately though, it's been connecting (or at least claiming to be connected), but it won't transmit any data back and forth. Littlesnitch detects no data.

3. JohnnyMnemonic macrumors newbie

Same here!

I've been having the same problem. Proximity to the WAP doesn't seem to matter.

I have a much harder time with my home wifi connection than the wifi connection at work, which makes me wonder if it's WAP hardware dependent? Channel noise? Protocol being used?

I dunno but it's frustrating and seems to be a new thing with 10.9.2.

4. Alrescha, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014

Alrescha macrumors 68020

I *was* seeing it, but I noticed today it did not happen. I rebooted yesterday for the first time in some weeks. An addendum: I also have temporarily turned off "Wake for Wi-Fi network access" in System Preferences/Energy Saver.

A.