10.9.3 Changed color profile of screen?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by TheRdungeon, May 17, 2014.

1. TheRdungeon macrumors 6502

Hi all, ever since the 10.9.3 update my screen is nearly always displaying colours like it's got a different profile selected (even though nothing is changed there) It's only for my MBP screen, not an external monitor. Gets really hard to look at after a while. Anyone else experiencing this? Also seems to be the same no matter which graphics card is selected

MBP Early '11 15" 2.2GHz Quad i7

2. Isamilis macrumors 6502

Yes same with me. MBP 13" Late 2011. The colour is blueish. I tried install from bootable image from MAS, but my experience is worst than 10.9.2. System little bit sluggish, even after reset SMC and PRAM, and wait until spotlight index finished.

3. TheRdungeon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah it's a real pain, I just noticed that it switched back to normal when I changed user accounts. Went back to the old user and it's this horrible blueish thing again, so it's definitely software related. I take it you booted back to a copy of 10.9.3?

4. leventozler macrumors 6502

If you have a backup, check /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/ folder (from 10.9.2)

You can rename and copy the file to ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and select it from Preferences > Display > Color

5. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

I've had a few Apps cause this problem.
    Reminding the System that it should be using a color profile, seems to fix the problem.
    This little AppleScript (saved as an App) does just that:
    Code:
    set wantedpane to "Displays"
    set wantedanchor to "displaysColorTab"
    tell application "System Preferences"
    	run
    	set the current pane to pane id ("com.apple.preference." & wantedpane)
    	reveal anchor wantedanchor of pane id ("com.apple.preference." & wantedpane)
    	quit
    end tell
    I just leave a copy in a corner of my desktop, and run as needed. You could make it a service or bind it to a keyboard shortcut some other way.

6. TheRdungeon thread starter macrumors 6502

Cheers this seemed to do the trick, touch wood it keeps going. Everything seems so grey in comparison at the start!

----------

Cheers but this didn't seem to work for me unfortunately

7. Partron22 macrumors 68000

Partron22

Oh well, there's more than one way colors can go wrong. Good leventozler's method worked for you.