10.9.4 very slow and internet connection problems

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by sev, Jul 13, 2014.

1. sev macrumors member

Hi all,

I installed 10.9.4 yesterday on both my iMac and MBP.

I noticed straight away that after install I needed to reload a webpage two or three times in order to finish its progress bar loading.

On the MBP it now tells me that the battery needs servicing which did not happen until this update. I also updated my iOS device at the same time and they too struggle to grasp hold of network connections (in fairness iPhone4 on the latest iOS has been enough to make me want to throw it away!)

So is this down to my time capsule (previous version) or down to my devices or just the cunning way apple tell me that I'm obviously too hard up to stay in their club and haven't spent enough in the last two years?

Would it be worth reconnecting to the main router instead of time capsule and see it that proves better?

Thanks in advance

Sev.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

You might have some program behaving badly when you "upgraded". Try out the free program EtreCheck sand see if it finds some incompatible services, etc. Then you could manually delete those incompatible services/programs that are slowing you down.

3. sev thread starter macrumors member

thanks Satcomer,

I've downloaded and run the program, the only thing its highlighting in red is "gatekeeper" which is listed as saying anywhere?

I don't really know what I'm looking for truth be told :/

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

In the program look for "Launch Daemons" & "Launch Agents" and see if any are red and see if you still have a program for these services. This program may need updates or is no longer supported and need to deleted.