10.9.5 build 13F25

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tywebb13, Aug 28, 2014.

1. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

10.9.5 public beta build 13F25 was released to public beta testers today.

This is just 1 number up from the build 13F24 released to developers before.

2. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Focus Areas

• Safari
    • USB
    • USB Smart Cards
    • Graphics
    • Thunderbolt
    • Gatekeeper

Signatures created with OS X version 10.8.5 or earlier ("v1 signatures") are obsoleted and will no longer be recognized by Gatekeeper. To ensure your apps will run on updated versions of OS X they must be signed using the codesign tool on OS X version 10.9 or later ("v2 signatures"). For more information see https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/technotes/tn2206/_index.html.

;-)

3. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Installation took around 7 minutes with restart. No observed problems. :D

4. Elmo299 macrumors newbie

I installed it an hour ago, wishing I never did.

Every page on safari chrashes, reloads, chrashes, reloads....

5. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

That may be something specific to your machine. I have had zero problems.

6. h9826790, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014

h9826790 macrumors G4

h9826790

Works fine, no crash or freeze under stress test. And the flickering problem of HD7950 is greatly improved.

7. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

How does one acquire this public beta?

8. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

9. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

You join the Appleseed program.

10. jbarley macrumors 68040

jbarley

It was this quote from the OP that got me interested.

11. tywebb13, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014

tywebb13 thread starter macrumors 68020

Public betas have been available starting from OS X 10.9.3 build 13D45a on April 22.

For mavericks betas you can join here: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/mavericks/welcome

For yosemite betas you can join here: https://appleseed.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

To get the latest mavericks beta, you have to install a beta configuration utility and then update through the mac app store, but for the yosemite beta you have to redeem a code to get a full installer. Subsequent updates for yosemite will then come through the mac app store.

12. 844957 Suspended

how long does it take to reconnect to wifi after sleep? my imac has really strugged to get back onto wifi after a lengthy sleep. macbook air has internet immediately after login, imac takes close to 10-15seconds before it sees the network after installing mavericks

13. mikeboss macrumors 65816

mikeboss

14. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

This sort of explains why a couple obscure "apps" I have result in a warning and won't open, BUT even with gatekeeper turned off? odd . . .

15. tywebb13 thread starter macrumors 68020

Well I hate gatekeeper.

Iosification is in some ways good - for example, remember that apple's first implementation of airplay mirroring all started with the iPad 2, and then the iPhone 4s and iPod touch 5 - and then there was mountain lion bringing it to the mac. So that iosification of os x was good.

But what is this nonsense of iOS devices once on iOS 6, then upgraded to iOS 7 then not being able to go back to iOS 6? Do I want apple to impose this nonsense on my mac too? Nope! In fact I don't want them imposing it on my iOS devices either!

I have an old mac on which I had mountain lion, upgraded to mavericks and found it to be buggy, so went back to mountain lion - because I chose to exercise my freedom to do so. A freedom I want continued indefinitely thank you very much apple.

So apple, don't you dare remove that freedom and iosify my macs in this ridiculous way please.

So back to gatekeeper. It isn't just the iOS system updates method and restrictions that I hate, but also restrictions to apps that can be installed. Now we know why apple do it in iOS don't we? They get their 30% and don't like jailbreaking. But people still do it. I have an old iPad I jailbroke and can play the original donkey kong on it and run Mac OS System 7. Nintendo and apple don't like me doing that, but too bad. It's my iPad, not apple's. I'll do what I want with it thank you very much apple!

So if apple dare to stop me installing whatever I want on my mac the same way they stop you doing it on iOS devices, we may well begin to see a new jailbreaking community set up for macs. That would be terrible if we have to go down this path.