10.9.5 release version

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by expat42451, Sep 11, 2014.

1. expat42451 macrumors regular

I am still on 10.9.4. Any idea when 10.9.5 will be officially released ??

2. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Soon I suppose, but don't be in too much of a hurry. It has the gatekeeper updates where even with gatekeeper off, some old improperly signed apps just don't run anymore.

3. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

xgman

Thanks very much for the info.

I am traveling in South America and since the laptop is "the" computer, I ve been treating it like its in a production environment. I ve resisted the 10.9.5 beta and Yosemite as well. The apps I have that are critical for me are Lightroom 4, Soundflower, and AU Labs audio processing. Hopefully under 5, things will run as now. I continue to resist Adobe's efforts to move everything to the cloud and a monthly fee to rent their apps.

Regards and again many thanks

Expat

4. crjackson2134 macrumors 68030

crjackson2134

Just be sure to do a TimeMachine backup to an external drive right before you install 10.9.5, if the update doesn't work out, you can just roll back to the latest backup and you'll be fine.

I do that way all the time. In fact, I do this for regular app updates too.

5. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

crjackson2134

I run Time Machine editor and do weekly updates. 2 weeks ago I dropped this machine while it was running and bye bye hard drive. I purchased another here and thank you Time Machine, saved my bacon. Had I any choice in the matter I would have at that point replaced the 500GB spinning drive with an SSD but hell-- you can not even BUY SSD's here in Ecuador. Anywhere. So understood about Time Machine. Great recommendations for everyone here on the forum-

Regards, thanks for the read and suggestions very much

Expat

6. crjackson2134 macrumors 68030

crjackson2134

I use Time Machine Backup Scheduler. It's nice to have custom settings. TM Editor is good to, I considered it also.

7. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. Have not seen Time Machine Backup Scheduler. Will have to take a look at that.

Regards

Expat

8. h9826790 macrumors G3

h9826790

For your info, the 10.9.5 beta is extremely stable on my Mac. With proper backup, there should be no drama when you update to the real 10.9.5.

9. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info. Have not decided whether to go ahead or wait for the release.

Also my apologies for being a long time to say thanks. Been traveling to some out of the way places last few days.

Regards from Quito

Expat.

10. bmac89 macrumors 6502a

bmac89

Is there any way to override this on a one-off basis if an app won't run?

Thanks

11. chrfr macrumors 603

It works the same as always: Right click on an application, and choose "Open". This change doesn't seem to affect applications already on your computer which you've already opened.

12. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

AppleCare have a new build of 10.9.5.

So release is probably imminent: http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/16/os-x-...ent-as-pre-release-build-seeded-to-applecare/

Release notes:

- The OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the Stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.

- Improves the reliability of VPN connections that use USB smart cards for authentications

- Improves the reliability of accessing files located on an SMB server

- Includes Safari 7.0.6

For detailed information about this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6400

For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

13. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

tywebb13

Thanks very much for the timely information and great links.

Expat

14. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

15. expat42451 thread starter macrumors regular

Updated. So far so good

Thanks for the tip it was out. Today was a travel day and I would not have checked