Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

foice

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I am not the first one to signal this malfunction on the forum but I failed to read any type of fix for this issue, so let me try again.

Despite the setting to ask for password immediately after sleep or screen saver starts (see my settings in the attachment), my 10.9 fails to prompt for these password.

This makes me crazy ... :mad::mad::mad:

Do you have any suggestion for possible settings to check? command terminal to force the password check after sleep or screen saver?

Thanks for reading,
Roberto

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-09-03 00.04.26.PDF
    65.5 KB · Views: 217

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
I am not the first one to signal this malfunction on the forum but I failed to read any type of fix for this issue, so let me try again.

Despite the setting to ask for password immediately after sleep or screen saver starts (see my settings in the attachment), my 10.9 fails to prompt for these password.

This makes me crazy ... :mad::mad::mad:

Do you have any suggestion for possible settings to check? command terminal to force the password check after sleep or screen saver?

Thanks for reading,
Roberto

Hey
Are you on the latest version of mavericks , 10.9.4?
This was a known problem that was caused by closing the lid and accidently touching the trackpad while doing so. It was fixed in 10.9.2 or 10.9.3.

foice

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Hello, yes I am on 10.9.4.

Actually I had previously some other problems with the password screen that was not accepting my password, although 100% I typed it right. Therefore I had disabled it some time ago. Now I wanted to put it back and apparently there are issues again.

I am using a MBP-mid2010 if that matters.

Cheers,
Roberto

foice

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
After rebooting now is fine ... this is weird anyways. How can "the most advanced OS X so far" fail to prompt for password?

crashoverride77

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2014
After rebooting now is fine ... this is weird anyways. How can "the most advanced OS X so far" fail to prompt for password?

That sounds weird. Maybe a fresh install would be required, maybe wait till yosemite is released.
I don't have any password problems since they fixed it with the patch I mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.