10 am. Ipad still at FedEx Facility?

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Hi, I just checked the tracking information, and the iPad is still at the FedEx facility. It is supposed to be delivered by 3pm, so usually at this time I would see that it is on the truck for delivery. I live in NYC. does it mean it is not going to be delivered today?

Anybody else is in the same situation?

JohnnyQuest

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Hi, I just checked the tracking information, and the iPad is still at the FedEx facility. It is supposed to be delivered by 3pm, so usually at this time I would see that it is on the truck for delivery. I live in NYC. does it mean it is not going to be delivered today?

Same here, but says it will be delivered today by 3.

Bokes

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
I'm in NYC as well- mine is on a truck in the bronx (I'm in manhattan)
Status claimed it was on truck for delivery ....now it says delivery exception.

I called Fed EX and they told me in NYC there is an overload or deliveries to be made and they are trying their best but DO NOT guarantee delivery today.

Fed ex makes a deal with Apple and then can't "deliver" their end of it.

All I got was, "you might get it today- if not- Monday the latest. ugh.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008

I called Fed EX and they told me in NYC there is an overload or deliveries to be made and they are trying their best but DO NOT guarantee delivery today.

:(

Quickly, run to the nearest store and buy one just in case. If the other one ends up arriving Monday, you can always just return it.

EIGHTYTHREE

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2012

this normal..some stations have pallets full that need to be delievered. Instead of it going out with the am delivery courier, some stations bring in their pm delivery couriers early to help delivery the excess freight. You will see activity after 1030 or 1100 out for delivery.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Mine hit the trucks at 8:25am ET. supposed to be delivered by 3pm today however the suspense is killing me. I want it now. Plus it'll give me a reason to ditch work early today :D

macfanrutler

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
NJ
When I check mine on my Mac it still says that it is at the facility but when I check it on my phone (using the same link from my email) it shows on the truck for delivery. I just wish I knew when FEDEX normally arrives at my place so I can stop pacing and staring out the window.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008

Don't worry about it. Sometimes the FedEX site takes time to update. I've had packages that show up at my door and 5 minutes after that the last 3 movements are posted on the FedEX site.

rgr555

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2012
Mar 16, 2012 8:34 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
BRONX, NY
Mar 16, 2012 7:17 AM
At local FedEx facility
BRONX, NYMar 15, 2012 9:41 PM

Departed FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ
Mar 15, 2012 11:00 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ
Mar 11, 2012 2:40 PM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
Mar 11, 2012 2:02 PM
Picked up MIDDLETOWN, PA

It should definitely be out for delivery by 10am but most likely the system is just slow updating and it's on the truck if it still says 16th delivery date.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan

I'm in Manhattan also but since I'm at work I *asked* to hold mine at the FEDEX location. I don't know whether they will actually do it--but that's what I'm hoping.

I was told that it would be held at the Leroy street location downtown--which is actually pretty convenient to get to. FYI.

Patience is a virtue today. I have a feeling that many FEDEX deliveries will go haywire in the city today.

alba-ny

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2012
I'm in Queens, and I'm nervous about all the people having exceptions after already seeing "out for delivery!" Thankfully the Brooklyn local facility is easy for me to get to if I need to go pick it up.

The tracking has been really slow to update, but mine has been on the truck since 8:31.

Oddly, I ordered a case which was scheduled to be delivered by Fedex on Monday. (Which sucked imo.) Last night it was already in Memphis, and I halfheartedly wondered... and it actually arrived here and was on the truck a few minutes before my iPad was scanned! :D
Perhaps the iPad launch helped my other package move faster?

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Update

The website just updated to in vehicle for delivery (at 7:44).

Now I just cross my fingers to not have a delivery exception. I would have gone to a store, but I woke up feeling sick, damn!

Please keep the updates coming.

PrincessMelody

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2010
Charleston, SC
Thanks for posting the yahoo tracking link mloffa!! Fedex site shows my iPads are still in Memphis, but your link shows that as of 7:23 am, they are on the truck and out for delivery!! :D

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
At home

Fedex delivered the package a few minutes ago, a couple of hours earlier than the 3PM. I am in Battery Park, in NYC (I opened this thread).

Good luck guys! I hope you receive it also!

maclook

macrumors 65816
Nov 2, 2008
When I paste my tracking # into Yahoo's FedEx tracker, it says invalid tracking number. Anyone know why?

I just checked one of my UPS packages (not an Apple shipment), and it worked.