10 am. Ipad still at FedEx Facility?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gusnyc, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gusnyc macrumors 6502

Hi, I just checked the tracking information, and the iPad is still at the FedEx facility. It is supposed to be delivered by 3pm, so usually at this time I would see that it is on the truck for delivery. I live in NYC. does it mean it is not going to be delivered today?

Anybody else is in the same situation?

2. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

3. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Same here, but says it will be delivered today by 3.

4. moxier macrumors regular

moxier

Right, I went to Yahoo and saw that the iPad had already arrived in my city while the regular FedEx tracker was still showing it in Memphis.

5. Bokes macrumors 6502

I'm in NYC as well- mine is on a truck in the bronx (I'm in manhattan)
    Status claimed it was on truck for delivery ....now it says delivery exception.

I called Fed EX and they told me in NYC there is an overload or deliveries to be made and they are trying their best but DO NOT guarantee delivery today.

Fed ex makes a deal with Apple and then can't "deliver" their end of it.

All I got was, "you might get it today- if not- Monday the latest. ugh.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

:(

Quickly, run to the nearest store and buy one just in case. If the other one ends up arriving Monday, you can always just return it.

7. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

this normal..some stations have pallets full that need to be delievered. Instead of it going out with the am delivery courier, some stations bring in their pm delivery couriers early to help delivery the excess freight. You will see activity after 1030 or 1100 out for delivery.

8. jakebechtold macrumors member

jakebechtold

Another case for the Yahoo tracker... FedEx says mine is still sitting at the local facility while Yahoo is saying it went on the delivery truck an hour ago.

9. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Mine hit the trucks at 8:25am ET. supposed to be delivered by 3pm today however the suspense is killing me. I want it now. Plus it'll give me a reason to ditch work early today :D

10. macfanrutler macrumors regular

macfanrutler

When I check mine on my Mac it still says that it is at the facility but when I check it on my phone (using the same link from my email) it shows on the truck for delivery. I just wish I knew when FEDEX normally arrives at my place so I can stop pacing and staring out the window.

11. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Don't worry about it. Sometimes the FedEX site takes time to update. I've had packages that show up at my door and 5 minutes after that the last 3 movements are posted on the FedEX site.

12. rgr555 macrumors 6502

Mar 16, 2012 8:34 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    BRONX, NY
    Mar 16, 2012 7:17 AM
    At local FedEx facility
    BRONX, NYMar 15, 2012 9:41 PM

Departed FedEx location
    NEWARK, NJ
    Mar 15, 2012 11:00 AM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    NEWARK, NJ
    Mar 11, 2012 2:40 PM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Mar 11, 2012 2:02 PM
    Picked up MIDDLETOWN, PA

It should definitely be out for delivery by 10am but most likely the system is just slow updating and it's on the truck if it still says 16th delivery date.

13. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm in Manhattan also but since I'm at work I *asked* to hold mine at the FEDEX location. I don't know whether they will actually do it--but that's what I'm hoping.

I was told that it would be held at the Leroy street location downtown--which is actually pretty convenient to get to. FYI.

Patience is a virtue today. I have a feeling that many FEDEX deliveries will go haywire in the city today.

14. alba-ny macrumors newbie

I'm in Queens, and I'm nervous about all the people having exceptions after already seeing "out for delivery!" Thankfully the Brooklyn local facility is easy for me to get to if I need to go pick it up.

The tracking has been really slow to update, but mine has been on the truck since 8:31.

Oddly, I ordered a case which was scheduled to be delivered by Fedex on Monday. (Which sucked imo.) Last night it was already in Memphis, and I halfheartedly wondered... and it actually arrived here and was on the truck a few minutes before my iPad was scanned! :D
    Perhaps the iPad launch helped my other package move faster?

15. gusnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Update

The website just updated to in vehicle for delivery (at 7:44).

Now I just cross my fingers to not have a delivery exception. I would have gone to a store, but I woke up feeling sick, damn!

Please keep the updates coming.

16. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

Mine still shows at the local facility too. I should have just waited in line.

17. PrincessMelody macrumors member

Thanks for posting the yahoo tracking link mloffa!! Fedex site shows my iPads are still in Memphis, but your link shows that as of 7:23 am, they are on the truck and out for delivery!! :D

18. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Wow, that is nice - the FedEx website shows it sitting at my local facility but this is more up to date and shows it out for delivery (along with a case and ATV3).

19. gusnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

At home

Fedex delivered the package a few minutes ago, a couple of hours earlier than the 3PM. I am in Battery Park, in NYC (I opened this thread).

Good luck guys! I hope you receive it also!

20. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

21. maclook macrumors 65816

When I paste my tracking # into Yahoo's FedEx tracker, it says invalid tracking number. Anyone know why?

I just checked one of my UPS packages (not an Apple shipment), and it worked.