10" Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by miles01110, Aug 15, 2012.

1. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Interesting, according to that report, they tested HDMI out, Bluetooth, and a new sensor as far as I've read so far... Should be good.

3. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Makes no difference. When people realized that the Kindle Fire was nothing more than a glorified e-reader and a gateway to Amazons home shopping network that required rooting to really do anything, it fizzled quickly. Only about 2 million have sold this year, and the projected number for q3 has been cut due to the Nex7's success. People won't be so quick to buy a Kindle Fire the second time around. This will also be a loss leader platform.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

When you get to that size, you're competing directly against the iPad and to be honest, I don't think there's enough to drive people to a 10" kindle over the iPad.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I will be saving up for one, but if that 7" iPad comes around, I'm just buying that instead. I like my Kindle Fire, but I would get more out of an iPad that would replace the KF I keep in my pocket.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's my goal, if apple does not release the iPad mini (or what ever they'll call it). I'll pick up a Nexus 7 instead. Commuting with a 7" tablet is so much better then a 10" tablet.

7. cube macrumors G5

I am interested in a color Kindle DX with light waveguide.

8. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I love my Nex7. I unlocked and rooted it within the first week. I thought I would miss the ipad size, but the 7 is literally like holding an iPad cut in half. I have found my perfect tablet size. It just needs an expandable memory card slot! And a replaceable battery would be nice. :D

9. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

The back of the nexus 7 is actually very easy to take off. Its almost like a battery door on an HTC phone. The battery is also easy to remove once you take the back off. Its not soldered or anything. Just connected with a cable.

10. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

How about when it costs half as much as an iPad?

11. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I'm sure it is not going to be half the price of an iPad! A 7" KF already cost $199 so that is half of an iPad 2!

12. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

I was kind of referring to the current gen iPad.

Either way, if you compare the price to the iPad2 I reckon it will be $100-$150 cheaper.

To us tech geeks that might not be a deciding factor but to your average consumer it will certainly be a factor.