10" macbook imminent ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chedda, Jun 17, 2009.

1. chedda macrumors 6502

The macbook range is looking rather incomplete at the moment. If the previous rumours of apple buying up 10" screens are to be believed then perhaps a small netbook type macbook is in development ? I hope it has as 3G card slot. Firewire looks unlikely, does leopard perform target disk mode over usb ? This would secure apple in the emerging netbook market, although the air is performing well with it's full size keyboard, i don't think it qualifies as a netbook by it's screen size & cost.

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    I'd love to see a 10 inch, but I just can't see it being in my price range for an unnecessary luxury purchase. I do actually believe that one is in the works at Apple.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Not a 10 inch MacBook, but something like a smaller netbook/tablet.

That's what she said! :p

4. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

i also recently made a forum about this. i agree, the macbook line is currently empty. i believe apple will make a 10 inch macbook and a 15 inch macbook. im probably wrong, but doing this would really diversify apple's laptop line.

5. chedda thread starter macrumors 6502

Oops

Please excuse my searching skills it seems great minds think alike ! This product could launch with the new multi core arm processors ? Or didn't apple recently invest in it's own hardware development ?
    So we can assume it will be the worlds lightest and thinnest laptop
    Can we also assume it will be made of an as yet unconfirmed material ? Carbon Graphite or something more radical ? I don't think aluminium is light enough and they need to distinguish the range. Alternatively i expect we can more likely see a white plastic finish consistent with the ibook & macbook ranges for years.

6. tayloralmond macrumors 6502

As far as I know, firewire is the only way to do target disk mode...