10% movers discount

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BigWorm8176, Jun 30, 2014.

1. BigWorm8176 macrumors newbie

Hello peeps!

Just wondering how did you get to use the 10% movers discount on Apple products? Best Buy exclusion says:

Products in the following categories are excluded from this offer:
    ....Apple branded accessories for iPhone, iPad, audio and computing.

Thnx:D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If the products you want are excluded from the discount, you can't get the discount on those products. What's so difficult to understand about that?

3. simsaladimbamba

4. BigWorm8176 thread starter macrumors newbie

Because others were not able to use that 10% discount. So im asking

Why not?:confused:

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If others weren't able to use the discount on excluded items, what makes you think you could? If you really want an answer, call Best Buy. It's their discount, after all.

6. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

From the wording there, it looks like they only exclude Apple accessories, and not all Apple products. There are some posts in this thread from people who used the movers discount for MacBooks, so I think as long as you are not trying to use it for an Apple accessory you will be in good shape.

The wording on the BB web site here does not appear to exclude Apple products overall either.

7. hj123456 macrumors newbie

It states Apple branded "accessories" not Apple computers. It can be used for macbooks.

8. BigWorm8176 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. I just got home from BB. Looks like the fine print on the college coupon says " Coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or offers". The sales people told me BB corporate changed the policy. It was BB mistake that it was able to stack. :mad:

Apple refurb got the same model/spec MBPr. BB is just $5 more. So i grabbed it and did not look back. Lol

9. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

I used it with my edu discount on a 13 inch base MBA. The guy said at first you can't stack coupons. I said can u try it, if it doesn't work I won't buy it. He said he'll try it. It scanned. After tax 714.

10. BigWorm8176 thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try it again today. Go back > return > Re scan.

11. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

I was able to stack the movers discount with the student discount. Just ask them to try and stack before purchasing.

12. BigWorm8176 thread starter macrumors newbie

WELP! I just got back from BB. They said the system wont let them double dip or stack. O well i think its still a better deal than the refurb MBP.:cool:

i5/8G/256
    MBPr New = $1384 total
    MBPr Refurb = $1383 total

13. Naimfan macrumors 601

Naimfan

I was as well - pleasantly surprised!