10% off anything at the Apple store....what would you buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by daneoni, Feb 7, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I have a 10% off anything (almost anything...iphone excluded) at the Apple store given to me by a manager for compensation. However i am finding it difficult to pick something. I have a MBP Classic, i have a 30GB iPod and an iPhone. So i'm pretty much covered in terms of gear

Also as a student get Higher Education discount off anything at the store already anyway with the exception being iPods and iPhones

I was leaning towards a product RED nano but i already have two iPods and it just seems like a waste

What would you guys get if you could get 10% off anything at the store?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Well, I get 20%, so I'd go for a fully-loaded Gainestown Mac Pro...:D

Thing is, we don't know what you really want.

You already have analogs to the things that have recently been updated, and everything that NEEDS updating is stuff that you don't have.

I'd say Apple TV since you're only getting 10%, but that needs an update...

Mac Mini to have a little desktop, but that... you know...

The iMac needs it, the Mac Pro needs it...

Can you have this discount until March? :D

3. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

What accessories do you have or need? Time Capsule would be a good investment.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

It lasts till March 30th and all the products you mention i can get discounts on as a student anyway

I already have an AEBS and an external.

I'd really like an ACD + Keyboard but thats too much of a whole in a students wallet...even with discounts. If only they allowed you combine discounts. Sigh...

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Will they take 10% off a final bill?

iCurve + a fancy mouse (VX Nano) + Seagate 500GB 7200 rpm external 2.5" harddrive.

Or just get an iCurve and save $4. ;)

6. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Talk about lousy compensation. What good is compensation of you have to buy something to take advantage of it? If you don't need or want anything, give it to someone who does.

7. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

8. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

In what form is the 10% off and does it expire?

If I didn't need anything no need to buy.

If it's something like a card where anybody else can use maybe try to sell or let a friend take advantage of.

9. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

What would you have them do?

Its in my name and no one i know wants to buy an Apple product now anyway. Maybe i'll just end up not using it and binning it

10. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I too get discounts, through who I work for, but these are only on apple products. I was looking at Bose headphones, but no discount. Maybe your 10% could be used against something like this?

11. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

If it doesn't expire until after August wait then buy something.

12. Moriarty macrumors 6502

B&W (Bowers & Wilkins) Zeppelin.

If there's any hint of audiophile in you, you'll love it. Best iPod speaker ever, full stop. Made by a very reputable hi-fi company, rather than some shoddy outfit most of them are made by.

$600 price tag though! But you can buy it at Apple Stores, so brings it down to $540. (It also has an optical-digital/analog combination line in to plug directly into your computer or an Airport Express)

Ugh. Never buy Bose headphones. If you want a good set of cans, http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/ is a good place to start. Bose is completely over-rated and over-priced. Anyone that praises Bose doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.

Have you ever seen anything Bose in a Hi-Fi magazine? I certainly haven't. I wonder why, they obviously don't even deserve a bad write-up :rolleyes:

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The discount is a trick to get you buy stuff; if you don't need it, don't use it.

14. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

I was also looking at beats by dre, denon, senheiser etc but didn't think it relevant to include in post :D

My Bose iPod dock is good though, and the inbuilt battery comes in handy (appreciate this has nothing to do with sound quality)

15. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

I already have Bose headphones...two in fact. The in-ears & QC2s

I've seen/heard and they do sound/look amazing but beyond my budget. I can see why audiophiles dont like Bose. Sound reproduction isn't...perfect and they're mostly just selling the name. Kinda like Apple, average hardware but high-end price tag. However i'm not much of an audiophile and overall they (Bose) sound pretty good...to me anyway. Maybe because i haven't sampled a lot of Hi-Fi equipment...also things sound/look/taste better when you get them for free

16. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If you don't mind me asking, do you work at Apple? If not how do you get this wonderful discount?

David

17. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

If you don't mind me asking, who do you work for?

David

18. LERsince1991 macrumors 65816

I'd also like to know ways of getting discount because I would like my first macbook for uni but want to know the best discounts availiable to save money. I would like the high end alu Macbook.

19. HarleyMan macrumors member

HarleyMan

Discounts?

Discounts??? I can't believe how many in this thread say "well I get a discount" .:eek: I just had to buy a MBP refurb to make the budget ends meet, only "discount I could come up with" Just funnin, no hostility here.....as a matter of fact the Refurb is absolutely flawless and works great!:)

20. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Without knowing what the circumstances of your receiving this compensation, I can't comment on what I think they should have done.

21. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If I did, I couldn't post here. ;)

Student Developer Discount. Same as all the others, even though it's just a one-time thing.

I figure if I only get one of them (as a student), I may as well use it on something good.

Like... PHENOMENALLY GOOD. :D

22. dubhe macrumors 65816

dubhe

Apple provides discounts for a select number of large corporations, government and military workers. As do a lot of companies.

23. mattniles007 macrumors 6502

mattniles007

24. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

Macbook pro
    iPod Touch 2nd Gen
    iMac
    Time Capsule
    Wireless Keyboard
    Apple HiFi, assuming they still make those

that's probably it