10% Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seong, Apr 14, 2010.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Hello there, and I need immediate help.
    As I clearly remember, I bought my Macbook Pro on March 20th. I saw the new update today, and found out that I needed that graphic card because I am a graphic "heavy" user. I know Apple's policy is 14 days for refund, but does this also apply for the refresh? I really have to know the answer. I would be glad to pay more than 10% (but not certainly more than 30%) for switching my Macbook Pro with the refreshed one.
    BTW, my Macbook Pro is as good and new as the new one.

So, in conclusion, will I be able to bring my Macbook Pro this week and pay 10% to get the new Macbook Pro?

2. mklnz macrumors regular

Just contact them and give it a try - you never know.

3. plasticphyte macrumors 6502

How about calling Apple?? - they make the policies and will know what they will or wont do! *Beaten to the punch*

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Sure no problem. Ring apple and tell them .Andy from the internet said it was all cool.

5. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to go ahead and say that they will tell you that you're outside your 14 days, and so you have no case to return. But call to check, you never know.

6. Fasailmac macrumors member

Totally off topic but are you a high school student? I recall the days where i was allowed to use "in conclusion"

7. trjwv macrumors regular

I called apple.com yesterday and complained that I had just received a 15" MBP 3.06 on March 22 and was upset because the prices had went down for a faster processor, better graphics card and better battery and that I hadn't had my MBP but for 3 weeks. After putting me on hold the lady came back and informed me they could not refund me a discount but she would initiate a return without a restock fee....
    I have packed my 3 week old MBP and will ship out today using Fed-EX. I also ordered a 15" MBP i7 7200 RPM HR Glossy 8GB unit last night. They should cross paths this week... apple customer service is the best......

8. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Yes I am, and I used it because for previous posts, people said "what's the main point of this topic? Which one is it?"
    That's why I used "In conclusion" This time.

9. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

They took my 3 day old MBPro 15 back yesterday in trade for a new i7 with no restocking fee.

It is really up to the store management but these people were REALLY NICE to deal with and makes you glad you purchased an Apple product!

10. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

I live in Japan, and I fairly know how these people react to my situation.
    You shouldn't call. If I was in America, then I would just call Apple, and send my Macbook Pro and get the refreshed version. In Japan, when you have a problem, you should to and face them one-to-one, and then talk to the manager (or whoever is in charge of the Apple Store) and talk to them.

Situation back in 2009: I bought an iPhone, and two month later, the home screen broke. I called Shibuya Apple Store, and they said "too bad, but I don't have any solution." After getting pissed, went to Ginza Apple Store, talked to some random guy who could speak English, and gave me the new iPhone for free.