10 Reasons I buy iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joonyaboy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. joonyaboy, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

1. Simplicity. I only have to think or worry about upgrade once a year. And even then there are only two choices. With other makers you are constantly deciding if you should upgrade to the flavor of the month.

2. Finance. Since 2009 when I first got a 3GS, I have yet to pay for an upgrade. I always sell the older models on eBay to pay my upgrade fee (just sold my older iPhone for $305 on eBay which pays for my new iPhone 6. My non-Apple friends are blown away at the resale value of iPhones.

3. Service. I know that I can return the product easily in the first two weeks and get warranty in the first year. In the 51st week of owning my iPhone 4, the home button started getting wanky. Took it in to the Apple Store and the Genius messed with it for a few minutes then walked right back out with a brand new (probably refurbished) iphone 4. I didn't even have to fill out paperwork. He also gave me a new bumper (mine was falling apart). That was cool to get the warranty when it expired in less than a week.

4. Quality. The above statement shows that all their products are not lifelong. But other than that wanky home button (which could have even been my fault who knows) all my iPhones have been flawless and functioning. I love the packaging and the materials used to build each subsequent model.

5. Apps. They are there. I have over a thousand of them (about 500 stay on the phone as I do a monthly culling and delete the ones I never use). People from other platforms are always impressed with apple apps and are usually frustrated when they can't access them. I love the quality and quantity available to the iPhone.

6. Continuity. I love that my iPhone works in such great conjunction with my iPad and MacBook Pro. It's great to use iMessage on the laptop or continue my racing game progress on the iPad. Several apps work together in beautiful harmony. Looking forward to the new Handoff features in the next OSX update.

7. Aftermarket. Finding a case or a charger or a dock is so much easier with iPhone. And all the gadgets, toys, health accessories and thingamabobbies that work with iOS make it a great investment. You absolutely KNOW that Lifeproof will make a case for whatever iphone Apple comes out with. Can't say the same for the other manufacturers.

8. Updates. I think this is often under looked. I love that we get great updates. In fact, no other gadget I have has ever been updated they way these phone are. And the updates are free. Sure, other platforms get upgrades, but as you all know that it is very selective and it may take months or "coming soon" before you can get it.

9. Aesthetics. This is subjective but I think every single year so far, Apple has had the best looking hardware. Clean. Classy. Modern. Their software looks good to me too, though a bit dated, still functional and familiar.

10. Social ease. At first I thought it sucked when everyone around me had an iPhone. And then you realize how awesome it is. You are never without a charger. I have handed the phone to complete strangers and they ALWAYS know how to take a picture of me and my wife. And because it's so commonplace, no one cares that you have one or thinks you are special in any way. I like that because in the end these phones are just tools. Beautiful functioning tools to help us communicate, capture memories, and share life. The less controversy they cause, the better. It makes life easier in my opinion.

Buy what you like on whatever platform makes you happy. For now, Iphone works for me.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

My list is the following:
    1) Vertical integration of hardware + software
    2) It 'just works' (except of course when it doesn't :p)
    3) Best app quality
    4) No carrier interference / bloatware
    5) Great hardware
    6) iMessage / FaceTime
    7) TouchID <3
    8) iCloud Keychain
    9) Apple store same day customer service
    10) A brand that I trust more than others

3. Hey Now macrumors member

4. deviant macrumors 65816

If I didn't have macs I'd probably end up with a nexus . I'm glad it's not the case. I actually love my macs more than my iPhones

5. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

May I add mine?
    I've had the iPhone 3, 4, and 5. Now, I'm on Samsung Note 3 (Android).

1. It works. Doesn't require me to tinker with it. All my iPhones I've had, never froze on me like my Android phone.

2. Apple ecosystem is flawless in my opinion. I loved it and I really miss it. A lot.

3. Quality apps and always the first to be released through App store. The apps on Google play are mostly junk and full of pop up ads. Apps always crashes on me.

4. Quality built. My Samsung Note is peeling on the side.

5. I miss the accessories. I love how there are tons of accessories available for the iPhones.

6. Apple customer service. With Samsung, I have to either go through online or to the Best Buy store. Who the heck shops at Best Buy anymore? I miss going to Apple, getting what I need done and walk out. I love that.

7. I miss imessage. I hate Google hangout. It's ugly.

8. I love simplicity. I love clean lines. I'm a minimalist. Apple offers all of these. Their apps are clean, one example would be the mail app. It doesn't have 5 different tacky colors in an app and then clutter it with a bunch of other stuff.

9. I'm tired of downloading apps to find one that just works. I'm tired of apps that are all colorful. Tired of apps that are cluttered.

10. I'm ready to go back to my iPhone. Think this Note 3 might be my first and last Android.

Please don't bash me. I love this phone, it's gorgeous. It beautiful but there are things that annoy me too. It's not perfect I'm aware of that. I think in my heart I knew I love iDevices but wanted to step out and try other things too.

6. joonyaboy thread starter macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Thanks for adding. I've tinkered with Android but not enough to give a fair review. Never really saw anything that caught my eye.

7. Kariya macrumors 68000

Kariya

8. macmacguy macrumors regular

I can second your reasons. Pretty much covers anything.

9. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

10. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111

I've had mine for almost a year. This October will be a year. Love the amazing screen and all, but I think that's about it. :eek:

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

That's actually not a bad list. It's all completely true!

12. barondebxl macrumors 6502

barondebxl

13. joonyaboy thread starter macrumors regular

joonyaboy

I've never had other gadgets to compare smartphone battery life, but I've always been happy with iPhone batteries. Plus I have a charger at home, work, car and a battery pack available during hikes or sporting events. So non-issue for me

14. andyp350 macrumors 6502a

It depends how you look at it, the fact that you need multiple chargers and that you spent extra money on a battery pack means it kind of is an issue, as it's something you thought about after getting the phone(s) and created your own solution for.

15. usmaak macrumors regular

How do those battery cases work? I'll be coming from a Samsung Galaxy S3. That phone had terrible battery life. Worst that I've ever seen. But with rooting, a custom tweaked ROM, and an extended battery, I can easily get two days of moderate use out of it. It's going to be strange to not be able to change out the battery for an extended battery.

16. Dan70 macrumors regular

17. mrcultureshock macrumors member

1. Investment in Apps (Apple owns me)
    2. It just works / Simplicity of iOS
    3. iOS updates come directly from Apple. No need to wait for the carriers to release them.
    4. Excellent iOS support for older phones
    5. Infinite choice of accessories.
    6. Apps always come out on iOS first / Excellent iOS-only apps
    7. The iPhones I own (3gs and 4s) have aged very well.
    8. Screen quality
    9. Unlocked iPhones have excellent LTE frequency coverage.
    10. Getting free iPad apps because I own the iPhone version

18. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

19. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Agreed.

Reminds me of this, iPhone style :D

20. joonyaboy thread starter macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Fair enough. I hope to see as good of battery life as my iPad one day. Until then its a daily charge.