Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daxter19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
So I was looking for a case for my iphone 1st gen (8GB) and I came across
this silver diamond iphone case which looks pretty cool. I was wondering if
you guys could review this or give me any advice on buying this. Like is it
legit? Is it just a cheap breakable case or does it really hold is purpose, (I did
find it on ebay for only $10). Help me out please!

d32.jpg

bossxii

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
Kansas City
This case on a girls phone, ok I'd understand, for a guy... just ugly imo.. but to each his own.

My only concern with cases made of hard plastic is the chance they will crack due to either a impact of a small drop, or pressure whereas soft/rubber style cases can flex and have a better chance of no damage.

Another thought to the case design is the front edge looks very thick on top of the iPhone's screen, making it a pain in the butt to access the edges of the screen and possibly the home button. I've had a case that covered part of the front before and it was very annoying, the thicker it is the more annoying it becomes.

liquidtrend

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
i wouldnt even see it on a girls phone. its way too bulky, which means its probably made of a cheaper plastic.

seems like the plastic would wear and chip easily.

...its real ugly.

Mr. Giver '94

macrumors 68000
Jun 2, 2008
London
SEARCH!!!! This was already posted....:rolleyes:

I'll go ahead and say it again, rapper in da hood and iPhone geek don't mix...

PsYcHoNoVa

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
Are you serious?

That case looks like it's production was halted in 1974. Probably the most ugliest case I've seen for any phone........eve r.

P.S. I recently went to Las Vegas and this case made me think of the Golden Nugget on Freemont street.

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Eeew. My sister found a case like this off of ebay. She put it on her phone and her phone reception was instantly killed- as in it showed "No Service". Nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.