10 ways to make IPT better, though software updates only

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mattwolfmatt, Sep 17, 2008.

1. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

A couple ideas that seem to be do-able through software updates. Some of these may have been circulating but I haven't seen them.

1. The big one is make it bluetooth compatable. There is some debate as to if this is possible; there is a bluetooth chip, however it may be able to be used only for Nike+. Then again, I read something yesterday about leaked images of the ipod touch with bluetooth enabled.

2. Enable Nike+ runs to sync wirelessly. On a wi-fi device, shouldn't I be able to sync them wirelessly? Because of mobileme, I rarely sync with itunes anyway. I mostly charge with a wall outlet. Let's get off the wires!

3. Similarly, why can't I download TV shows or movies over wi-fi? I understand it may take a while, but I got time while I'm playing these awesome games!

4. Put out a voice recording program.

5. VOIP

6. True push for calendars, mail, and contacts. I think it's 15 minutes right now, right?

7. The ability to "sync now" all of the above.

8. 3rd party apps push

9. Shake to shuffle - this doesn't need new hardwire, does it? It already has an accelerometer, right? And while we're at it, if you're in a playlist, shake to shuffle only in that playlist. If you're in an album, shake to shuffle only that album, not the entire song library like it is now in the nano.

10. Copy & Paste - there are you happy now?

Any others? Also, in my list, are there any that have been solved and I just don't know it yet? I don't live on macrumors so this is entirely possible...

2. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

3. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

11. Put the system settings for each media player into a submenu menu directly accessible from each player app.

4. radpanic macrumors member

I just want WiFi syncing! is that too much to ask Apple?

5. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I kinda want an equalizer not the pre-created one but one i can edit on the device with out the whole itunes option.

the ability to have my name and contact# on the unlock screen incase I lose my ipod a good samaritan can return it, since they wouldn't exactly know my unlock code and after 10 tries, all my data will be erased.

blue tooth support! I have a wireless keyboard from my old pocket pc. It would be a dream come true if i can use it with my ipod touch!

6. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Wifi syncing of what? Music? Calendars and contacts are already done with mobileme.

7. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

If you really needed this you could make a jpeg of that info and make it your "wallpaper".

8. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

don't you have to pay for that? i think a FREE system to do that might be very nice indeed. if you have osx, a simple system has to be possible.

9. angels lust macrumors member

flash player

Custom wallpapers and icons

A better eq that doesn't cause clipping in music

I think that's all I really want, it's such a great device

10. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I'd like to see flash supported as well. Bluetooth would be nice though not a priority.

11. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

4 & 5 are coming.

VOIP is already here, with a Skype access program for $30 already out there.
    All the developers were probably shocked with Apple's inclusion of a mic and speaker so they are scrambling to make voice recording programs and voip.

12. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

For god sakes :mad:

13. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

it does have push for mail. 15 minutes is the highest setting if push is turned off.

14. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

For mail, yes. For contacts and calendars, no.

15. pjgeer macrumors member

My contacts and Calendar are push, via Mobile Me.

I make a change on the touch, shows on Mobile me and sync when I turn on the computer at home. Same with any start in that circle of actions.

Pj

16. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

One of the first things I'd like to see added is the ability to download podcasts wirelessly through itunes. There are ways of going around itunes but it would be more convenient through itunes.

Being able to use third party apps would be AWESOME!!! (without having to jailbreak)

17. quick5pnt0 macrumors regular

I think he is referring to syncing with itunes on your computer through wifi rather than having to plug in a cable.

18. ejbenjamin macrumors member

I'd like to be able to view and sync my iCal to dos on the Touch.

19. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

remove the slide to unlock
    also want flash
    sync with other touch to send music,files,etc
    bittorrent

20. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

you know, before i bought my touch i totally though you could shake to shuffle... was disappointed to find out that's only a feature for nanos... totally dumb...

also, one thing i think apple should do is allow their free "Remote" app to actually launch iTunes if it's not open (which for me it never is), as well as give access to system volume of the target computer... or just make it as functional as the actual apple remote with Front Row... i'd even pay for that since it would be wifi based instead of IR based and can control speakers in other rooms with my touch/iPhone...

21. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Copy & Paste, VOIP - +1!

On the Touch 2G, I think it might be neat if you can double tap the volume rocker for next/previous track.

Sync To Do's with iCal. Please?

TV shows and movies in iTunes store.

22. Raytheon117 macrumors newbie

Damn right! It so needs flash! And is it just me or does some quicktime video like those on Apple's Guided Tours not work on the touch?

23. mattwolfmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Videos from the Apple site do work on my 1G touch; I assume they work on the 2G too. I haven't taken out my 2G yet for fear of scratching it. I want cases!

24. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

That is actually a fantastic idea, the only problem is i upgraded from a jailbroken ipt, so my unlock photo is unchangeabl. I'll have to restore and set up my ipod as a new ipod losing all my settings...grrr...i am in no hurry to do all that!