10 Year Anniversary iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by covertsurfer, Mar 7, 2008.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

As someone else has pointed out, the iMac is 10 years old this year. Do you think Apple is waiting for Montevina so they can release a newly designed iMac with all sorts of bells and whistles on it?

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

The anniversary macs don't seem like Steve Job's style. I doubt it.

3. AlexisV macrumors 68000

AlexisV

Smacks of car manufacturers bringing in anniversary editions for the summer sales slump, or to flog old models before they bring out a new one.

4. RevolutionOne macrumors member

RevolutionOne

I think a new design will be out this year, the current all in one form factor has been been out since 2004. It's seen a lot of revisions but its still that same form factor.

Who know's what they'll do. Will most probably be slimmer, the space below the screen a lot smaller I hope

5. kolax macrumors G3

Don't think the iMac will be see a redesign until Fall this year. It just got a facelift.

6. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I don't know, that's where they keep the power brick.

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm also fairly sure that no one would buy a $10,000 iMac.

Unless, of course, it had the power of a Mac Pro in that form factor.

8. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I think it would sell fast. It's a good move.

9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Anniversary.

I LOVE YOU! Rofl, someone who finally makes a thread/notices that iMac's anniversary is coming up, I believe it was probably me who you saw mention this, tell me if it is! :D I really hope they do a redesign and spec upgrade at WWDC, as my birthday is August 17th and I'm getting an iMac. Come to think of it, I posted how I hope that they upgrade because my birthday is 2 days later (anniversary is Aug 15)
    Have a great week!

10. gibbz macrumors 68030

I like the current look, but could see a thinner version with a much reduced chin. It would be sweet if they could combine the imac with the acd form factor.

11. zedsdead macrumors 68040

They just redesigned it. Don't expect anything different for a while. The most that will happen is that they will shave off a little thickness.

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree.

I think that the current iMac form factor (concept) is here to stay for quite a while. Instead, Apple will make evolutionary changes more often such as faster processor, better graphics, and thinner. Someday we may see built in side speakers and a TV tuner.

Yeah, the 20th Anniversary Mac (TAM) was created in Steve's absence. They did not sell at the introduced price. Steve reduced the price from $7,500 to $2,000 to reduce inventory.