100% battery charge....how much time do you have?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Danlevm, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Danlevm macrumors newbie

When my mac 2.3 15" is at 100% it says that i have 5:30 minutes with only firefox opened..what does your computer say? I thought these were supposed to last 9 hours? is there something I am missing?

I just checked at 97% it says 7:35 hours...what is going on?

2. Darthmnkyrpm macrumors member

What year is it, and do you have 2 graphics cards? Basically, do you have a Radeon or Nividia graphics card as well as the standard Intel one?

3. Atomic Walrus macrumors 6502a

Just unplugged it, says 11:46 at 100%. Brand new 2.3 15".

In no version of my usage would it hit that, but I was on course for 10.5 the other day doing some really light work at ~30% brightness.

Should mention that I keep the dGPU disabled using gfxCardStatus unless I actually want it on.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The "time remaining" indication is an ever-changing estimate, based on the current workload of your system. It will fluctuate up and down from minute to minute as your power demands change. It is not perfectly accurate, but only an estimate. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

5. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

What do you think is going on? The estimate is wrong. Really, you battery clock-watchers crack me up. :D Just use your machine and time it until it croaks.

And I think it's time Apple takes that estimation feature out of the battery app. It's just too misleading.

6. lcseds macrumors 6502a

I have to agree. My brand spanking new 13" with 2 cycles is showing 15:59. And that's cause I am just looking at the estimate. Now if I was actually doing something with the computer that could drop to 3-4 hrs. So.......it's an inaccurate reference. But when it gets to 20% or so, I'd save my data.