$100 credit is empty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by technicolor, Sep 23, 2007.

1. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

So apparently Apple gave out credit numbers that do not work.:rolleyes: I was the lucky recipient. I tried to use it to find out I have to wait 36 hours at least to make my purchase if I want to use the credit while they investigate.:mad: CSR said it has been happening a lot and they are "on top of the issue".

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

It happened to me at the check out counter at the Apple Store. I went to the back of the store and spoke to a woman on the phone who told me there was nothing they could do for at least 48 hours while they examine the issue. After finally getting to a manager, they told me that some people's did not fully go through (despite being issued a gift card number and pin) and you should go back and apply again online. I did just that and it popped out another gift card number which did go through w/ my purchase.

So just re apply.

3. technicolor thread starter macrumors 68000

technicolor

Yep the CSR sounded so unsure. I decided to call back and wait again to speak to someone else. He processed my order on the phone and waited with me while I reapplied. Everything turned out fine. Im glad I called back because I was quite annoyed because I needed that order ASAP.