$100 credit: serial not valid on replacement phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagomike, Sep 14, 2007.

1. dagomike macrumors 65816

Last week Apple replaced my phone for me. I tried doing the credit, but it won't take the new serial. Anyone have any luck with this? When I get home I'll dig up the old serial and try that.

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

when i got my iphone replaced, they gave me a new receipt with an updated return date. i imagine you got the same, so you might qualify for the $200 refund instead of the $100 store credit. i'd call to find out. regarding the credit, i had no problems, and i had to get my phone replaced twice.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Using the old serial number worked for me.

4. dagomike thread starter macrumors 65816

Was it exchanged in store, or via FedEx? I didn't get anything that was a receipt. There was some info noting the new serial number and misc info on the affect on my warranty.

aristobrat -- I'll try that later. If that doesn't go anywhere, I guess I'll just email.

5. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it was exchanged in-store.

6. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

TUAW has reported that using your original serial number will work:

7. badtz macrumors member

how do you get your old serial number if you exchanged it at the apple store [no access to old phone]?

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

It should be on your original receipt and also on the paperwork involved with exchanging your phone.

If you bought it at the Apple retail store, if you give them your credit card number, they might be able to pull up your orig. receipt. Not sure how long they keep that info, though. Definitely call and ask before going there if you need to do that.

9. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I am getting the non elilgible message when trying to get the rebate for my ORIGINAL iPhone that I have not returned for any reason. My phone number was ported over from Sprint.

Sounds like Apple didn't go over all the possible phone number serial number variations out there.

10. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I would try calling Apple, and then go into your local Apple store, they cant just deny you the credit if you produce the original reciept....or can they! dun dun dun...:eek: