$100 for a Power Mac G4 Cube? 500Mhz

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I've been wanting a Power Mac G4 MDD for a while and while looking through Criagslist found a Cube for $100. Comes with Keyboard, Mouse, and monitor (rear stand is broken), and speakers.

Everything seems to be working.

Is this a good price? I know they're pretty rare. I'm really tempted to pick it up but I won't be able to until Friday. :(

MysticCow

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2013
Well, take away $25 for the monitor and that leaves the Cube at $75. It isn't a bad deal at all.

PS--with the new Mac Pros coming out, they'll just think it's an odd kind of Mac Pro. ;)

Last edited:

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Buying a Cube in good working order that comes with a display and with the other items listed would be one of the exceptions I'd make in my personal embargo on purchasing another PowerPC. I'd upgrade it and then hold onto it.

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Wow, prices really have gone up haven't they? My friend picked up his cube for $100 almost 8 years ago!

philz4life

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
Wow, prices really have gone up haven't they? My friend picked up his cube for $100 almost 8 years ago!
Yup, they have. This is one of the reasons I own 6 PowerPC Macs. Macs hold their value incredibly well and can even be a good investment from the financial standpoint if you buy them when they are cheapest.

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I've emailed them twice and haven't received a reply. It's been up since late May. I won't have off to go get it for another couple of weeks so it may end up getting away from me. :confused:

philz4life

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2013
I've emailed them twice and haven't received a reply. It's been up since late May. I won't have off to go get it for another couple of weeks so it may end up getting away from me. :confused:
Yeah, that's happened to me couple times. I really like when people leave phone numbers to call incase they don't respond by email. I hope the cube is still available for you!

JaguarGod

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2010
The Cube is one PPC Mac I wish I owned. At the time of its release, it was just too expensive and I already owned quite a few Macs, most of them PowerMac towers. But as time has moved on, I think more and more about purchasing one from eBay as I think they are fairly timeless in their look. That is one computer that in my opinion has become better looking over time.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
That is....

a steal....go for it, pal...! As my posts in the Forum shows, I almost any week have the hands full working in some PPC hardware. Mantains their price good and always are a need for some of these machines. Cubes, specially, are seeked a lot. So, to me, sounds a nice deal. Hope you can get it closed to your favour....:D

:):apple:

davidg4781

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
I still haven't heard back from them and I've emailed about 4 times. I'm guessing either they don't know what they're doing or it's a scam or something.

Anyway, found a nice QS Dual 1Ghz for $50 that wasn't in the computer category. Hopefully I can pick it up today. I'm just going to need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.