$100 for a Power Mac G4 Cube? 500Mhz

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by davidg4781, Jun 10, 2013.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I've been wanting a Power Mac G4 MDD for a while and while looking through Criagslist found a Cube for $100. Comes with Keyboard, Mouse, and monitor (rear stand is broken), and speakers.

Everything seems to be working.

Is this a good price? I know they're pretty rare. I'm really tempted to pick it up but I won't be able to until Friday. :(

2. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Run to her boy shes waiting for you,

that is all I have to say on the matter of whether or not you should buy a cube

3. skinniezinho macrumors 6502a

Seems nice to me.Their prices are scaling up.
    If you want some upgrades for it grab me a pm.

4. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

5. MysticCow, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

MysticCow macrumors 6502a

MysticCow

Well, take away $25 for the monitor and that leaves the Cube at $75. It isn't a bad deal at all.

PS--with the new Mac Pros coming out, they'll just think it's an odd kind of Mac Pro. ;)

6. 666sheep macrumors 68040

666sheep

Get it. Price's good. Esp. with all these accessories.

7. skateny macrumors 6502

skateny

Buying a Cube in good working order that comes with a display and with the other items listed would be one of the exceptions I'd make in my personal embargo on purchasing another PowerPC. I'd upgrade it and then hold onto it.

8. philz4life macrumors member

Definitely get it. Cube prices on eBay can be more than 3 times that much.

9. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I think you could say that for a lot of old Macs on eBay.

10. CubeHacker macrumors 65816

CubeHacker

Wow, prices really have gone up haven't they? My friend picked up his cube for $100 almost 8 years ago!

11. philz4life macrumors member

Yup, they have. This is one of the reasons I own 6 PowerPC Macs. Macs hold their value incredibly well and can even be a good investment from the financial standpoint if you buy them when they are cheapest.

12. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

I've emailed them twice and haven't received a reply. It's been up since late May. I won't have off to go get it for another couple of weeks so it may end up getting away from me. :confused:

13. philz4life macrumors member

Yeah, that's happened to me couple times. I really like when people leave phone numbers to call incase they don't respond by email. I hope the cube is still available for you!

14. hancockr59 macrumors newbie

15. JaguarGod macrumors 6502

JaguarGod

The Cube is one PPC Mac I wish I owned. At the time of its release, it was just too expensive and I already owned quite a few Macs, most of them PowerMac towers. But as time has moved on, I think more and more about purchasing one from eBay as I think they are fairly timeless in their look. That is one computer that in my opinion has become better looking over time.

16. phoenixsan macrumors 65816

phoenixsan

That is....

a steal....go for it, pal...! As my posts in the Forum shows, I almost any week have the hands full working in some PPC hardware. Mantains their price good and always are a need for some of these machines. Cubes, specially, are seeked a lot. So, to me, sounds a nice deal. Hope you can get it closed to your favour....:D

:):apple:

17. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68020

I still haven't heard back from them and I've emailed about 4 times. I'm guessing either they don't know what they're doing or it's a scam or something.

Anyway, found a nice QS Dual 1Ghz for $50 that wasn't in the computer category. Hopefully I can pick it up today. I'm just going to need a monitor, keyboard, and mouse.