Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
I was able to download 3 apps today over LTE that were all over 200 MB each. It gave me the warning I hit ok and then it downloaded. Is this because I'm on a T-Mobile unlimited LTE plan? I thought I wasn't allowed to download them over 100 MB. I am running 8.2 beta 4

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I was able to download 3 apps today over LTE that were all over 200 MB each. It gave me the warning I hit ok and then it downloaded. Is this because I'm on a T-Mobile unlimited LTE plan? I thought I wasn't allowed to download them over 100 MB. I am running 8.2 beta 4

I doubt your phone knows what data plan you have. Maybe it's a new feature in 8.2?

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
100 MB apps

I have iOS 8.1.2 on Verizon and it does not let me download anything over 100MB on cellular. I thought this was an iOS restriction.

Do you hit ok or cancel? Maybe it's a new change on 8.2

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008

Updates or new apps?

If it was updates, those are delta updates and the size is merely the total size of the app but not the update itself. So it will allow you to download what appears to be large apps but they are really not.

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Updates or new apps?

If it was updates, those are delta updates and the size is merely the total size of the app but not the update itself. So it will allow you to download what appears to be large apps but they are really not.

This is the correct answer if you're referring to updates. I hate that the App Store shows the full app size for updates. That should really be changed.

Afbar1114

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2012
This is the correct answer if you're referring to updates. I hate that the App Store shows the full app size for updates. That should really be changed.

Ok so that's what it is. They really should just show the update size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.