$100 off base model 2016 MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by azamk87, Nov 17, 2016.

1. azamk87 macrumors newbie

B&H is doing a killer deal on 2016 non touch bar 2016 Macbook Pros. The base model is $1399 and the sales rep mentioned other configurations are also priced down. No mention of when the deal goes on till. Dunno if this is due to low demand or bad reviews but I picked one up. They also have a 2015 512GB 12" Macbook for $1150 or so (which I was considering till I bought the MBP).

P.S No I don't work with them. And hope i've posted in the right place.

2. dk808 macrumors 6502a

3. azamk87 thread starter macrumors newbie

They have an extended return policy for purchases up to the new year. The only issue is if you open the item but think they still take it back with a restocking fee.

4. swester macrumors regular

Microcenter has (or at least had) it for $200 off...

5. azamk87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do they charge sales tax though?

6. dk808 macrumors 6502a

7. swester macrumors regular

Yes - but unless your state's sales tax rate is more than 8%, it'll end up being cheaper.

B&H has the 2015 model on sale with 512GB, 8GB RAM and the 2.9Ghz i5 for $1499, which IMO is a better deal overall.

8. azamk87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Great deal but just checked with them : it's for in store pick up only and they would charge the 8% PA tax.

No doubt the 2015 MBP for that price is better deal!
    --- Post Merged, Nov 17, 2016 ---
    """If all conditions are not met, B&H reserves the right to refuse the return or to charge a minimum 15% restocking fee."""

Think that would depend more on the person processing your return. It's like with Apple, sometimes things go your way sometimes they don't. Anyway if you're planning to keep it no need to think about returns from the get go! lol

9. HalloweenMisfits macrumors newbie

HalloweenMisfits

If you pay with Pay Pal, you have six months to return. If there is anything wrong with the product or something fishy, you can open a dispute through Pay Pal and they will go to bat for you. I always use Pay Pal if it is available when buying from an online retailer.

I bought a phone two years ago from new egg and it stopped working three weeks after I bought it. I called them and they wanted to forward me to the manufacturer. Since I paid with Pay Pal, I explained I would be opening a complaint through Pay Pal and work to get a refund. They put me on hold, then came back and offered an exchange at no charge.

Amazon doesn't use Pay Pal, but they have a very liberal return policy. BandH have always been good to me, but I always use Pay Pal in the event something like New Egg happens again.

10. dk808 macrumors 6502a

Exactly, they choose and most often they probably wont allow the return