100 posts but still locked out. Why?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by mgguy, Feb 22, 2008.

1. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

I just submitted my 100th post in the forums and am now considered a "regular." I was looking forward to this event because it allows me to begin posting in the politics & religion forum, or so I thought. I just tried to post a reply in that forum, and was denied. The specific reason was not given, but I suspect it is because my post total hasn't yet been formally registered by MR. Perhaps there is a waiting period for it to update, or maybe I have to log out and then log back in? Anyone have an explanation? I must say, I am really let down after great anticipation. Bummer...

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

3. ajx22 macrumors regular

Forums run 'cron' scripts at certain times to promote members into new permissions...so you'll have to wait until the cron is next set to run (I have no idea what the forum administrators have the interval set at; I have ours set to run every 6 hours).

~ Aloha ~

4. mgguy thread starter macrumors 6502

mgguy

Thanks. I feel better now. I look forward to adding my two cents worth about the elections and other hot political topics. :D

5. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

If it doesn't resolve itself soon, PM an Admin or Moderator. They'll fix you up.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

just an admin. i don't think a mod can help you. dr. q or wildcowboy is good.

7. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

yeah it just takes time to update I had the same thing back in the day. :D