100$ price cut possible in October?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Aomin3, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Aomin3 macrumors member

Aomin3

Do you think the 12" MacBook will get a price cut after the new Pro's are announced? Or will they just raise the entry price for the Pro? Can't imagine them keeping the same price for the entry 13" Pro and 12" mb after the refresh with redesign.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

If only Apple would lower their prices to affordable and reasonable ^_^

3. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

why would one change the other? two completely different things.

though this did make me look, wow, that MacBook is expensive. And people want it. And they are buying it and Apple is making tons of money with one of the most outdated lines of Mac ever.

4. evec macrumors regular

Don't thing so. My guess : October will launch new macbook pro, and Macbook 12 will be reduce price on next March but not October .

5. doboy macrumors 68000

If you're in US you can often find these on sale at Best Buy or Frys.

6. fisherking, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

got mine at fry's; $100 less than apple, free shipping, no sales tax. plus i found applecare on ebay, $180. so saved quite a bit. check out powermax as well, a licensed reseller; have gotten a deal there previously...

EDIT: this was for the entry-level 2016 macbook...

7. duervo, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

I suspect that it will be a bit of both:

- price slightly increased for new MBair and MBPro.
    - price slightly decreased for MB.

This will help to differentiate them more from each other, and I suspect that the MB will be priced so that it will be clear that it is intended to be the entry-level portable Mac.

In the end, this is all just guesswork, and nothing that Apple does will end up surprising me.

Meanwhile, you can still get the 2015 hardware for cheaper if you look around, and perhaps even the 2016 stuff. For example, Best Buy where I am has some of the 2015 MB's in stock (1.3GHz model, with 512GB) for $100 off right now, bringing it down to $1599 CDN. If I were not wanting the 2016 model, then I'd get it. I'm waiting for the price to stabilize though, and since I'm still using my mid2012 MBP (with aftermarket SSD and 16GB) I have zero "need" to replace it with a MB right now. So, I can wait.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

If they are each selling, why would Apple reduce prices? Apple in recent years has all been about margins.