100% satisfied with my 3GS yet still lusting for the i4. Why!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nyquistfilter, Jun 26, 2010.

1. nyquistfilter macrumors newbie

I have zero complaints about my jailbroken 3GS. I have it customized and working just the way I want it with multitasking, grip notification, etc etc. For my purposes, I feel like I would be losing critical functionality with the i4 if it can't be JB. I'm happy with the speed of the 3GS, it never feels laggy. I hardly use video recording and I don't take many pictures, so it's sufficient in that department. The only advantage for me with the iPhone 4 would be the hi-res display as I do read a lot of books on my phone.

All that said, I still just want the iPhone 4 and I can't explain why. I guess the apple hype and marketing works on me like hypnotic suggestion. I constantly read these forums and don't see anything that makes me feel like I need or want the i4, yet the desire is still there in the back of my mind chipping away at my better judgement and rationality. It might just be a matter of time before I find myself waiting in line like a sheep to buy something I know I don't need.

Damn this consumer culture!

2. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Yea Apple has done a fantastic job with marketing, every one of their products causes a big media hype, and it only seems to get more attentive each year. Even with MacBooks, it's always a big deal with Apple makes some change to them. The iPad was a storm came from nowhere. I was very close to selling my 3GS to get an iPhone 4. Only problem was that I never got to sell my 3GS, and I'm so glad I didn't. There's no real NEED to buy it, I already have a jailbroken 3GS like you that is one of the best phones on the market. Higher resolution camera won't drastically change your life. Better screen is nice but not NEEDED. The exterior is significantly different, but I still don't see anything that makes me need to buy the iPhone 4. iPhone 3G had 3G speeds, 3GS had video (which SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the first iPhone), and maybe the iPhone 5 will have features worth changing for (iPhone 4 features and then some more).

3. D4F Guest

D4F

I use N1 and 3GS and I sure won't jump into 4. Retina is the only thing that actually makes it tempting but nothing else. 3GS is flying as it is, multitasking sucks as almost no app uses it as of yet so by the time they all do I will jump into rev 2 of #4.
    Besides I won't buy any rev 1 from apple no more after I had a great time replacing my iMac 3 times.
    It always looks like a beta testing phase till next revision comes out.