1000 photo limit wasn't raised? iOS 8/iPhoto on Mac

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by ashton18, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ashton18 macrumors regular

ashton18

Apple said that the 1000 photo limit was raised and that users would be able to keep all photos on iCloud.

So on my Mac (running the latest version of Mavericks) I dragged all of my photo albums in iPhoto to Shared > iCloud > My Photostream and in the upper right hand corner it showed that it was 'uploading 11,355 photos'. However, when the upload finished, it said that there's were only 1000 pictures in the photostream. That number should be 11,355.

I grabbed my iPhone 6+ and in Recently Added there were only 1000 pictures as well. I checked under the Photos tab just to make sure and, again, only 1000 pictures.

What am I doing wrong? How do I move all my photos on my Mac to iCloud so I can see them on all my iDevices?

I CAN sync all of the photo albums using iTunes, but I end up with duplicates on my phone (one local version, one iCloud version).

Help is greatly appreciated!

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

That's photostream, that hasn't chnaged. You're thinking of iCloud photo library, which hasn't gone live yet.

3. ashton18 thread starter macrumors regular

ashton18

Oh, I thought that was part of the iCloud Drive upgrade. That's what it asked me when I first turned on the phone.

So, what was the point of upgrading to iCloud Drive?

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

iCloud Drive only syncs ios 8 devices with Macs running Yosemite. If you enabled iCloud Drive on your 6+ you might've made a mess of syncing.

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2014/09/psa-do-not-enable-icloud-drive-after-ios-8-upgrade.html

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

I lost over 1200 pictures I don't know how or why. JUST WORKS that way I guess. I'm starting to get pretty excited about returning to Google's embrace. Ya, evil so what.