1013 and 21 errors

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by yosi199, Feb 6, 2011.

1. yosi199 macrumors member

First let me say this - Yes I've ran a search and ran one at google too with no answer so please help me.

I'm trying to upgrade my 4.1 Iphone 4 with a 1.59 BB. I've downloaded the 4.2.1 IPSW and I started tss server on TinyUmb and ran the all business down like it should but after restoring & updating I always get a 1013 error or 21.

I know killing TinyUmb will solve it but I HAVE too preserve my baseband.

Any help please?

2. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

If on Windows edit your Hosts file in system32/drivers/etc/ and take out anything that says apple in it

3. dread macrumors 6502a

You are supposed to get that error its normal

4. Crackbone macrumors regular

I had the same problem last night. This fixed it.

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Exactly. Did you read the TU instructions? 1013 means your BB wasn't updated and Apple sees that as an issue. That's what you want!

6. nebo1ss, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Were you able to kick your phone out of recovery with Tiny umbrella or is your phone in a recovery loop. If you did restore as indicated in your first post more likely than not you are in a non-recoverable recovery loop.

7. dread macrumors 6502a

8. dread macrumors 6502a

after 3 hours of trying to update and preserve my baseband I ended up with the new baseband. Tinyumbrella does not work with 4.2.1 so be aware of that before updating. What a pain in the ass. Good thing I do not need an unlock immediately

9. nebo1ss, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Forget about the HOST files. Download greenpo1son and see if you can get your phone into DFU mode. I read on Notcom site yesterday that instead of trying to kick it out of recovery that Greenpo1son and DFU will resolve it.

See this site: http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/p/prevent-iphone4-baseband-update.html and start from point Nine "9"

By the way apple is not doing anything to your host file. Everytime you open and close Tiny umbrella it redirects your host to Saurik server. If you want to stop this go to Advance mode and uncheck the box that says change host file on exit.

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Tiny umbrealla does work with 4.2.1 but you have to use update instead of restore. There are many forums discussing this.

11. dread macrumors 6502a

I wish you told me that 1 hour ago. I did notice one guide said use update but most guides said restore. I even asked the question and someone told me restore. The last time I tried to restore it just updated the baseband even though I was still running tinyumbrella. I am not sure what happened. Nothing I can do now I guess except hope that the dev team releases a new unlock in the future

12. TerryChan macrumors newbie

This.

Shift Restore (not Update) to 4.2.1 and keep baseband and After 2 hour trying to get the phone out of recovery mode with Tiny Umbrella without successful, and find this instruction.

While still in recovery mode, shut off the phone by pressing the power button for a few second, then run GP, follow instruction. After it is done it will bootup and JB with 4.2.1 and keep the old baseband.

13. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I've posted this many times before how to keep 1.59.00 baseband when going to 4.2.1. What you have to do is UPGRADE to 4.2.1 not restore. This trick only works with the iPhone 4 however. So once it goes through the upgrading process, you'll get a 1013 error WHICH IS GOOD (this means your bb didn't upgrade) once you hit that error, start TinyUmbrella and click on your device and click "Kick Out of Recovery Mode" bam all done. You'll be on 4.2.1 with Baseband 1.59.00. From there, use GP to jailbreak.

Sources: Myself, read below.