Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Oh oh oh

I think I might got it, I'll let you know in a few I'm gonna try to burn it

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
:( It won't let me select the .vob files it will let me select the bup and the ifo but not the vob?????????

and I thought I had it toooooo...... :( :confused: :( :confused: :( :confused:

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
I'm still having trouble, it won't let me choose the folder with the .vob files

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
You want use Toast's Video tab, Advanced, DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS, then choose the VIDEO_TS folder you should now have created.

Attachments

• ToastPic.jpg
    ToastPic.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 44

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
mine doesn't have video_ts it stops at dvd-video. should i try it in that?

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Also, of course, if the DVD is smaller than 4.3GB, you can use the "Copy" function (top right tab, see image) to copy it, even if you only have one burner. Not sure if this works on copy-protected disks.

NZDave

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2004
Seattle, WA, Yeah!
Hey,

I had some similar trouble a while back, I've got it down now. 3 easy steps and you're done!

1) Rip the DVD to your Harddrive using MacTheRipper
2) Compress the VIDEO_TS File to a size small enough to fit on a DVD-R using DVD2OneX
3) Using Roxio's Toast Titanium 6.0.7 use the "DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS" it's in the Advanced section of the Video tab (someone just posted a screenshot)

(try http://www.macupdate.com for the software, Toast isn't free)

Now, go have a snack or something, and in just a little while, you'll have yourself a shiny new DVD :)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Jen5678 said:
Any chance you could take a snapshot of part or all of your screen and post it (or email it to me)? Shift-⌘-3 takes a snaphot of the whole screen and saves it to your desktop, Shift-⌘-4 lets you drag a rectangle to use....

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Jen5678 said:
i'm gonna try it to a dvd-video now, to see if that works.
It'll probably work - never done that - but I don't understand why the "Advanced" tab isn't showing you the same options. I'm using Roxio Toast Titanium, v6.0.7. Perhaps yours is a slightly different version?

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
ok i took the snapshot but i dont know where it saved it and how to insert it

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Jen5678 said:
ok i took the snapshot but i dont know where it saved it and how to insert it
It might be too big for this forum (100K max file size allowed). It should be saved as "Picture 1.pdf" on your desktop. You can always email it to me (click on jsw to the left and select the email option), and I'll look at it and post it if need be. Otherwise, if it's <100K (select and hit ⌘-I to see the size), post it here with the "Manage Attachments" option you'll see below the window you type your posts into (under "Additional Options").

EDIT: send me a mail, I'll email you back with my address, then you can send me the pic - the email option here has no attachment ability - I forgot.

Jen5678

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
I don't know how to insert it on here though,

and I tried burning in the dvd-video and it came up with the same error that it was before

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I'm off to bed. PM me, or I'll check this thread tomorrow AM to see if anything was resolved. Basically, I have no idea why you're not seeing the VIDEO_TS option, which seems odd, but I guess you have a different version of Toast.

Best of luck!

jsw

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
No problem.

Never mind about trying to copy it... according to Toast's Help, copy-protected DVDs can't be copied that way:

Overview of Copying a Disc
Toast helps you make an exact copy of an existing single-session disc. If you try to copy a multisession disc, this procedure copies only the first session. (A single-session disc is a disc that has been recorded to once and then "closed" so that it cannot be recorded to again.)
You can copy a disc even with only one recorder. For more information, see Copying a Disc with Only One Recorder or Copying a Disc with Two Drives.
What Kind of Discs Can You Copy?
• Audio CD or MP3 disc
• iDVDTM or Toast video disc
• Backup data disc
• Any single-session Macintosh disc
• Any single-session Windows disc
• A simple cross-platform disc (readable by Macintosh and Windows, where Mac users can see Windows data and vice versa)
See Also:

Copying a Disc with Only One Recorder
Copying a Disc with Two Drives
Copying an Image File to Disc

Sorry! Anyway, off to bed shortly; if you post after a few minutes from now, I'll try to help tomorrow.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Just for the record, which Toast do you have (and, if it wasn't mentioned before, which version of OS X - I'm assuming 10.3.7)? If it's Toast Titanium 6.0.7, you do have the Advanced menu - look at my image again and make sure you're doing the same thing (Advanced tab will be blue).

'Night....

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
m a y a said:
The version jsw is using is toast 6.0.7. I have version 6.0.5 and I do not have the extra option.

That is why I believe that you do not see the extra option as the picture posted here. :)
Good point!

Toast 6 users who aren't at 6.0.7 (Toast Titanium menu -> About Toast Titanium) should go here to get the free update.

And, BTW, what are you burning with, Jen5678? I assume an internal Superdrive, but I'm not sure. Also, which Mac? Newer or older?

You might need to reduce the burn speed when you actually start burning if, say, your burner is older, or you have a fast burner but slow (say, 2x) blank DVD media.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.