Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SashaFierce

Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
I took pictures of myself with my MacBook Air Facetime camera(right) and with my MacBook Pro iChat camera(left). I've noticed that they are quite similar. However the MacBook Pro pictures seem to be shot at a higher resolution and size. Which one do you guys think is better?
1288789947bey_nomakeup_spec1.png

ingramLee

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2010
New York, NY
I am indifferent, I barely video chat anyway :cool: I can say though that the 27" iMac iSight cam is the most crystal clear webcam I have ever owned, phenominally better than my last iMac. I obviously wouldnt expect the same quality in a Macbook Air.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Lol. Beyonce is on MacRumors. Wow! I didn't know she posts. (sarcasm)

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
I took pictures of myself with my MacBook Air Facetime camera(right) and with my MacBook Pro iChat camera(left). I've noticed that they are quite similar. However the MacBook Pro pictures seem to be shot at a higher resolution and size. Which one do you guys think is better?

somebody handle business and put a ring on it

billy baxton

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2010

lol. 2 others beat me to it. but I'm pretty sure you get the zzzzomg its beyonce! comments all the time... so yea... zomg its beyonce!!

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
They both look about the same. If anything the one of the left is a bit crisper.
If you try the same comparison in a "less-than-well-lighted" situation, the Air looks horrible.

Using Photo Booth, it's super grainy, and there are waves that buzz across the screen.

FuNGi

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2010
California

Hmmm... Kind of hard to tell. Why don't you post a few more pictures of yourself so we can be sure which camera is better :cool:. Maybe a few in low light, perhaps even warm candle light. You know, just to be sure.

BENJMNS

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2005
Hmmm... Kind of hard to tell. Why don't you post a few more pictures of yourself so we can be sure which camera is better :cool:. Maybe a few in low light, perhaps even warm candle light. You know, just to be sure.

f that

give us some daisy dukes and a bikini shot to start (dip it low, work it up slow)

barefeats

macrumors 65816
Jul 6, 2000
I did an iChat Video Preview on a 2010 MacBook Pro 17" and a 2010 MacBook Air 13".

I was a low light situation. The MacBook Pro handled it better (less graininess, better focus, better contrast and brightness). So it's not just about resolution. The MacBook Air is a downgrade in overall quality of the iChat/FaceTime session.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
is that really beyonce? that's cool! now let me invite Jay-Z to macrumors too.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I did an iChat Video Preview on a 2010 MacBook Pro 17" and a 2010 MacBook Air 13".

I was a low light situation. The MacBook Pro handled it better (less graininess, better focus, better contrast and brightness). So it's not just about resolution. The MacBook Air is a downgrade in overall quality of the iChat/FaceTime session.

I agree. It's definitely lower grade, and I might (or maybe I am just seeing things) say that the 11.6" MBA's camera is worse! However, it could be the angle differences since I set it in the same position but it's shorter.

Hey, "Sasha Fierce." Now be honest, you knew us computer geeks would all go crazy when you posted those shots didn't you? Sorry about the rudeness of one. BTW, isn't Sasha Fierce the "alter ego" of Beyonce? Didn't she say that she was changing her name to Sasha Fierce at one point?

Back to the forum purpose, which computer do you enjoy more all around, MBA or MBP? Is the MBA your primary Mac? Just curious as I am getting all sorts of different opinions from my friends and colleagues who have bought new MBAs.

tubbymac

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2008
Should be obvious since Beyonce already wrote a song about this. The better picture is the one...

To the left
To the left

:)

But kidding aside, the pic on the left is slightly less grainy than the one on the right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.