Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
I have been packing my things up at my parents house as they are moving to Kansas from Louisiana and came across my most prized possession. I came on here to take a look and see if there was any threads of the sort and didn't find one so I decided to start one myself. Go ahead and post a picture and a brief description of your most prized possession. I'll Start... :D

Autographed New Orleans Saint's Jersey. Autographed in Fall of 2009 by 6 Super Bowl Champions ;). Also note I am one of the biggest New Orleans fan's you will ever find. I come from the aint's era, no bandwaggon here!
IMG_0241.jpg

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
It's 8 inches. And I think it would be highly inappropriate to post it here.

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
Autographed New Orleans Saint's Jersey. Autographed in Fall of 2009 by 6 Super Bowl Champions ;). Also note I am one of the biggest New Orleans fan's you will ever find. I come from the aint's era, no bandwagon here!

Alright, this is tough for me to say...being a HUGE Colts fan...but that's a pretty cool piece :) I go to Purdue and since Drew Brees did some fine work at Purdue himself, the Saints are my second favorite team ;)

NiKeZz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Topeka, Kansas
Alright, this is tough for me to say...being a HUGE Colts fan...but that's a pretty cool piece :) I go to Purdue and since Drew Brees did some fine work at Purdue himself, the Saints are my second favorite team ;)

Yes I can understand your swallowing of your pride to say that. My cousin got his Michael Vick Virginia Tech Jersey autographed two weeks ago by Michael Vick. This thing is like a child to me. It gets a dusting daily. Also have an authentic Super Bowl Lance Moore Jersey boxed up in a giant ziplock bag in my car with a lock on it. That things my second child. ;)

PlaysARobin

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

The dream on my wall as long as I had been playing.

I present to you, my Eleanor.

CIMG2552.jpg

buyusfear

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
My 1956 Gibson Les Paul Junior.
Not only does it sound soo good, but its such a nostalgic trip every time I pick it up.

65ampslilElvis3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
I'm not really a gun person, so I guess it's a bit odd that my "prized possessions" are a pair of pistols.

PA300001.jpg

.45 Colt Single Action Army, matching numbers (very low 5 digit serial) built in 1875.

Don't know where it was the first 20 years, but it was returned to Colt on 1/31/1896 and then issued to Thomas C. Williams of Troop I, 1st US VOL Cav. That was Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders. It appears it went back to Colt again in 1902 for another refurbish where it disappeared until my dad bought it at a pawn shop in the 50s when he came home from Korea. Some of my earliest memories regarding firearms are shooting this pistol with my dad at the range and barely being able to hold on to it. I was still shooting it occasionally up until a couple years ago when I found out about its history.

There's no way to know exactly how much it's worth without actually attempting to sell it, but it's a nice chunk of change. Enough that I keep it in our safe deposit box at the bank.

The other pistol isn't worth much, but has tremendous sentimental value. It was my dad's service pistol during the years he was a uniformed policeman. When dad graduated to plain clothes detective work, mom sent this off and had it engraved from one end to the other.

PA300008.jpg

Beautiful pistol, and I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Don't know why, but I've never been good with this one.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
My Precious, but I guess he really owns me. Everyone knows, cats rule and dogs drool.

Attachments

• my precious.JPG
    my precious.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 110

PlaysARobin

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Nice Jr. Buyusfear.. I've always had a thing for those. It's probably the nostalgia factor for myself as well.

Also dig the /13. Not sure I've heard many of those sound bad.

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
Your animals are possessions? My cats would sure be ticked if I considered them equal to guns and atvs.

Mine. Addiction is crazy.

Mountain-Dew-Diet_45574493.jpg

spencers

macrumors 68020
Sep 20, 2004
Your animals are possessions? My cats would sure be ticked if I considered them equal to guns and atvs.

Yeah, because they're cats. Cats ≠ dogs.

I'd consider my black lab my prized possession. Why? I bought and paid for it. I own it, so therefore, I possess it.

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
Yeah, because they're cats. Cats ≠ dogs.

I'd consider my black lab my prized possession. Why? I bought and paid for it. I own it, so therefore, I possess it.

You don't own living things unless you're a savage. I guess, by your logic, your mom owns you since she paid some medical bills for the delivery. Cats < dogs? What are we? Six years old? All animals are cool with me.

Corey Grandy

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
Nova Scotia, Canada
You don't own living things unless you're a savage. I guess, by your logic, your mom owns you since she paid some medical bills for the delivery. Cats < dogs? What are we? Six years old? All animals are cool with me.

Possession, in this context, is defined as the state of having, owning, or controlling something. Being that we do own our pets and we do indeed control them, we possess them. in that logic, yes, we are possessions of our parents so long as they control us.

I really think it's just not worth the bickering that seems to have started.

This shot is just too cute to warrant getting a newer one. He's 6 months now, this picture was taken when he was about 1 month. They grow up so fast :p
58484_10150268729160035_781965034_14890079_2692040_n.jpg

akkkmed

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010

A fellow Detroiter? :eek:

JDMFSeanP

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007
I wouldn't exactly say my most prized but definitely one of the coolest freaking things I own

id5VzK.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.