1080p @ 60fps is an awesome upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iPhone7ate9, Sep 11, 2014.

1. iPhone7ate9 macrumors 6502a

I was surprised by this one but pretty happy. I never really used my phones' video feature because I thought it wouldn't be good enough, but after getting into DSLR video and comparing video I realized that you can get good video with most devices. I've wanted 60fps in a video camera for some time now, it's great for home videos.

2. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 604

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    Yes it is.

Now let's hope for an :apple:TV that can play that video back at 1080p60fps. Existing :apple:TV hardware is capped at 30fps.

3. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

It's not really surprising, given that most flagship devices in the past year having 1080p/60 now. Definitely glad it has it though! That 240fps slow-mo video mode should be pretty nifty as well.

I'm mostly curious to see what kind of sensor and/or signal processing improvements they have done. These - along with optical image stabilization on the 6+ - should result in some nice low-light photos.

Oh yeah, and with the new camera API's in iOS 8, we should see all kinds of improvements such as manual controls.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Yeah the 240fps slo-mo was the big one for me. That can make for some really sweet videos.