1080p HD movies

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrismarle, Aug 20, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

I've started purchasing movies on the iTunes Store (Canada) since they announced 1080p quality movies but I have a few questions.

1) Why can't we purchase some movies? There are some movies that we only can rent.

2) Has the 1080p movies upgrade roll out finished? There are some movies that are still on 720p. The first Lord of The Rings (in french) is still only in 720p even if the second and the last of the trilogy are in 1080p.

3) The movie ''Clash of the Titans'' is only available in english but in France, they have the french version of it. Normally, movies are available in both language but some movies are only available in english in the Canadian iTunes Store.

Anyone can help me out, please?

2. brentsg macrumors 68030

It's up to the movie studios, ultimately. Nobody can help you out though. It is what it is.

I'm still suffering with DVDs of The Mentalist in the US because CBS won't offer it here, but it's apparently available in Canada.

3. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

But I really don't understand why ''The Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the Ring'' is in 1080p but the french version of the movie is limited in 720p.

Can I ask Apple or to the movie studio if they are planning a 1080p release?

4. Romeo604 macrumors regular

You can send in a request. If the french version is out you can specify. I requested a movie soundtrack and the day after they put it up for me but I am not sure about movie content/copyright for them. :)

5. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I'm annoyed when the screw up the movie trailers in the Canadian store. Multiple times now, I've tried to watch a trailer for an English movie and it played a French trailer. Annoying. The last movie that did this to me was American Reunion. It makes me a little nervous about renting some movies because I don't know if the actual movie is going to be in French as well.