1080p HDTV Output

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by asoksevil, Apr 14, 2012.

1. asoksevil macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I've been wondering this for a while since I don't actually get what's wrong.

I have a Panasonic 50" G30 which is connected to my 2010 MacBook Air through a Mini Display port to HDMI.

Question is that even if it's set as 1080p output, I still get vertical black bars when that should be my TV native resolution.

I tried shifting from mirroring and extended desktop but outcomes are the same.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys!

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Ditto with that issue. I've got the same problem after connecting my new cable. Not only that, but 1080p looks really ugly anyway. I find 1024x576 works the best.

3. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I get the same with my unibody Macbook on two different TVs. There is a setting in the Displays section of System Preferences that says something like Extend Display. My Macbook isn't connected to a TV at the moment, so the option isn't showing up. Does seem odd that it isn't quite full screen when my TV is set to show pixel perfect inputs (it is the same if I turn that option off). I wonder if this is part of why things are not rendered so well on my TV?