108GB inaccessible due to failed disk verification

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NichBot, Mar 15, 2010.

1. NichBot macrumors newbie

NichBot

I partitioned my 320GB hard drive into 2 sections, 212GB and 108GB, I removed my 108GB partition with Disk Utility, and tried to only have one partition for my entire hard drive, but the "disk verification" fails! 108GB of my hard drive is inaccessible (it works to make a second partition over the 108GB, but I want a single partition over everything for installing windows with BootCamp) what can I do? would backing up everything and wiping my hard drive and reinstalling everything work?

2. Loa macrumors 65816

Loa

Hello,

First thing, you're in the wrong forum.

Second, to my knowledge you cannot repartition a drive safely without losing data.

Best thing: back everything up, reformat the drive with only 1 partition and restore the data.

Loa

3. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

In the Windows world it was possible to resize a partition without losing data. Backing up though is always a good call.

Short of a specialized utility, I would follow Loa's suggestion: Backup, reformat/partition and re-install/restore.

4. NichBot thread starter macrumors newbie

NichBot

by the way, I repaired my hard drive without backing up anything and it's totally fine now, all i had to do was insert the installation disk and use disk utility off of that to repair my hard drive. thanks though.