10a432 No internet Connection

Discussion in 'macOS' started by shadowswan, Aug 23, 2009.

1. shadowswan macrumors newbie

Hey all
    Please dont flame me for not being a dev but for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to SL ahead of time, mainly due to impatience! However I now have no internet connection, it shows I have an IP address and everything works fine in windows on my MBP however when I boot to SL no go... Have tried re-installing and no luck... any ideas?

2. belvdr macrumors 603

You could have downloaded an image with a trojan for all anyone here knows. Put your old OS back on there and wait like the rest of us.

3. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Did you go into network preferences?

My Mac picked up everything automagically, but I still had to go into network preferences and let it set up. Once you do that, your good to go.

4. shadowswan thread starter macrumors newbie

Not a particularly helpful answer there... and if I do that I will lose all my data as the time machine backup is no longer compatible also surely its better to wait 5 days? The 'version' in question seems to work fine on another Mac mind....

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Choose an older time machine back up and roll back to 10.5

6. dmbfan41 macrumors regular

how are you connected to the internet? wireless or wired?

thats strange that it won't connect. did you get the image from a legit private tracker or just a random public one? i highly doubt you downloaded a spyware version of SL.

7. shadowswan thread starter macrumors newbie

Downloaded from warez-bb a reputable poster... and tried wirelessly, not had a chance wired yet but will try when I get back tonight and yes opened network prefs to check ips and such....

8. shadowswan thread starter macrumors newbie

FIXED :)

For all interested I had to delete the 'Airport' interface and re-add it