10a432 to GM?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thadoggfather, Aug 18, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Had leopard, upgraded to 10a432 snow leopard, if that's not the GM can I upgrade to it from there? I'm hearing not...

I had a santa rosa 2007 mbp and bought the leopard upgrade disk (got it around leopard launch), it messed up too many times, got an early 2008 mbp replacement with leopard on it, upgraded that to 10a432.

so i only have a leopard upgrade disk and 10a432. halp?

2. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Why don't you have the leopard disc that came with the 2008 MBP. I assume you shouldn't have 10A432 in the first place, and if you were a developer that should have this Beta, you would know the answer already

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

No need to be smart about it.

I told you, i had a 2007 model around leopard release, got the upgrade disk, and since had the machine replaced with an early 2008. the genius bar didnt give me the system os disks with the replacement laptop.

4. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Go to the Apple store and complain that they never gave you an OS disc. If they won't give you one for free, it's something like $20 for a replacement

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

How about the 10a432 to GM question? pardon the newbness.

also, can i do a clean install of leopard using the upgrade disk from snow leopard to leopard?

6. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

According to Apple, the answer is no. But that doesn't mean you can't try. Furthermore, this is listed in the notes, I'm assuming you downloaded this via Torrent.

7. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

Well I really don't know for sure. I'm not a dev or anything. I'm guessing you could do an archive and install like normal.

As for downgrading, I'd seriously doubt that's possible. I'm newish to the OSX scene (bought a mini with 10.4 in 2007) so I've never tried a downgrade.

At worst, you'll have to copy your SL disk and strip the check that makes sure you have leopard installed, and re-burn.

8. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

but i will be able to get on GM from 10a432 (whether its an upgrade, archive and install or erase and install i dont care)? i hope 10a432 isnt the dead end on my early 2008 mbp.