10mb limit download over 3g

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Cifu, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Cifu macrumors newbie

Ok so we pay for unlimited data with our iPhones and we cannot download an app that is over 10mb? What's the deal AT&T? I lovE my iPhone because of it's ability to make my life easier when I'm in an area I am unable to use my laptop.

I needed to download dictionary.com app and it does not allow me because it is over 10mb.

Lame IMO. I know this is not an official forum and I will write to apple and Att about this but I beleive this is something we should all be upset about.

/rant

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What's wrong with bookmarking dictionary.reference.com until you can get to a computer to download it?

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

You could just use safari for a definition.
    Its so everyone doesnt download Hero of Sparta and Myst over 3G. If you need it, go to your computer or use WIFI. I dont want everyone downloading big apps and slowing or hindering my signal.

Also, it is unlimited, over time. They never said they wouldnt put a restriction on how much at once. ;) Silly, I know, but its AT&T.

4. Cifu thread starter macrumors newbie

Sure. Where do we draw the line 10 20 100 mb? It would suck if ppl dowloaded apps to the point where the system was overloaded. I can understand that. I just feel that 10 mb limit is too low considering we are just starting to see many new apps that go beyond this limit.

5. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Isn't it an Apple restriction, regardless of service provider? I'm sure AT&T and others made some demands/recommendations, but I believe its limited via the phone and app store.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I didn't think it was AT&T that made that restriction, but it would make sense for AT&T to want to restrict it to leave bandwidth for other 3G customers.

7. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I can tell you right now it's not an AT&T restriction.

I have T-Mobile, and I tried downloading Worms over EDGE.

I got the same 10 MB limit notification. I just waited half an hour, got home, and downloaded on iTunes.

8. wowipod macrumors regular

I am glad they have the restriction on, Optus over here is already stretched and if the 10MB limit wan't there I can imagine how much worse it would be.

I don't mind waiting til I get home, the only thing is when I was in Sydney I had a 3G internet connection from Optus plugged into a router and so basically I was downloading stuff over 10MB over the same 3G network my phone runs on, so the rule seems a bit dumb at times.

9. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Seems like the line was drawn at 10MB