10th of December, THE DATE,... OUR DATE!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by 5553792, Dec 1, 2007.

1. 5553792 macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    just a quickly note to say that I've heard that the 10th of December all MacPro lovers will be very happy.
    I don't want to hurt your feelings if not true, but as I'm getting mad waiting for the update, and yesterday I've been informed about this, just wished to share the info.

If true, would be curious to know this before you from here, far away from the States...

THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF US!!!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

its weird that only newbies know about the Mac Pro updates.

4. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I'm not saying this poster is , but on occasion a newbie is a real source that comes in to leak info.

But in this case..

Spam.

5. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

Yeah, it's like us oldies are too fixed on macrumours.com to get anything valuable. I feel old... :(

6. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

Interesting that there are so many newbies here lately. And they are so young acting.

7. HDproducer macrumors member

I myself am a newbie only because I just recently joined. I have been reading these forums for a long time.

But I must agree that such a post is sound like a random guess to me. Can't we at least get something entertaining like: I was at the Laundromat and the guy next to me dropped something and it was the blueprints to the New Mac Pro! (Because all apple exec. do there own laundry at the Laundromat.) and anyway he made me promise not to tell anyone but the new MP is coming out Dec 10 or sometime before or after that date.

8. TheThirdMan macrumors regular

TheThirdMan

Why not the 11th, or the 12th, or the 13th??

Apple don't release information regarding products until the second they're launched.

9. Silverhawk macrumors member

Silverhawk

That dates seems too close and yet, also too close to X-Mas, I don't ever recall APPLE ever releasing such a new or a refresh in this time period.

10. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

There is no way the MacPro will come out that day. That is the day of my 25th birthday. I'm not that lucky to have it arrive on my birthday. Noooo way.

11. yeroen macrumors 6502a

yeroen

Happy B-day. I'm turning 34 on the 10th. Perhaps some of my good b-day luck will rub off on you.

I just want to see what the new graphics cards are going to be.

12. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Nice, and from Boston too I see. I keep going to Apple's site and customizing a current MacPro. It's so tempting to just hit 'add to cart'. I am in such a need of a new Mac. This G4 is dogging so badly right now. I might just give in a get one. Tired of waiting.

13. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Wake up and give your head a shake. I had to. We all waited this long. What is a little longer :confused:

14. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

15. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

16. G4DP macrumors 65816

Teach you I cannot. If that is what you want, so be it. So little patience, have you, way to the dark side that is. Stopped you must be.

Okay, no more StarWars crap.

Darth, you think yours is struggling, try using a G4DP500 - that is the definition of painfull. Although I have to say it is running CS3 Master reasonably well.

17. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Hahaha, nice. Yea I will be waiting. Either way, we both have big gigantic paper weights. lol ... I can't believe this current G4 can handle FCP5 and CS3 as well.

18. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

19. G4DP macrumors 65816

I've got Illustrator, Flash, DreamWeaver, PhotoShop, Fireworks, Acrobat, Contribute, running from CS3.

After Effects 6.5, Final Cut Express ( the last one) Dreamweaver 8, Flash 8, Fireworks 8, Illustrator 10, PhotoShop 7 etc.

I'm amazed it's still going. All with an amazing 1GB of PC133SDRAM.

Looking forward to new MacPro though, can't wait to get Premiere Pro and After Effects CS3 running, want to get into a bit of video editing.

20. newtech macrumors 6502

Good Lord, not again! If I had a dime for every off the wall prediction I'd be fabulously wealthy.

21. OnePumpChump macrumors regular

OnePumpChump

Total BS. This is their first post. And with such info not to at least take the time to make up where he/she heard it from? At least put some effort into such lies. :mad:

22. ideasman69 macrumors member

ideasman69

no the correct date is 4th december.

if not - the 6th. if not - the 11th. if not - the 14th. if not - the 18th... continue until 15th Jan

you get the drift

23. darthraige macrumors 68000

darthraige

Yea, same here, running all those programs with 1GB. It's gonna be insane making the jump to an 8-Core with at leaset 6GB of memory.

24. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

by the time my sawtooth and QS die, if ever, I'm hoping we're at 64.

25. relbbircs macrumors regular

There will never b another Mac Pro. Get used to it....